This wireless, modular multi-tenant building intercom handles up to 1000 tenants, Tenants use their landline phones or cell phones to answer calls from the intercom no matter whether they are home or not. This intercom uses cell phone service to call tenants on any phone they choose.
Installation is simple. The intercom just requires an AC outlet nearby, two wires run to the gate controller (or electric door strike), and cell phone service activation. Then you program in the unit tenant information using an app on your smartphone or tablet PC. A PC app is also available for this.
This kit does not include the housing or the keypad. Choose the housing from Related Items below depending on how you want to mount the unit. There are wall-mount, flush-mount, and pedestal-pole-mount options. Also choose a keypad based on whether you want to have a proximity card reader or not.
As long as your gate or door is within range of a cell phone tower, then this intercom's range is infinite. You could be on the other side of the Earth and still talk to visitors for very low cost per visitor. If you already have AT&T or T-Mobile wireless service, you may be able to just add this intercom to your existing plan with a small monthly fee. Otherwise the unit comes with a SIM card you can activate (see below).
By pressing a key on your telephone keypad you can unlock a door or activate a gate opener so if the delivery person comes while you're out, you can easily let them in. All you have to do is answer a call from the intercom, and press * to open the gate.
This intercom supports up to 1000 apartments and can call up to 4 telephone numbers in sequence. You can program up to four telephone numbers per apartment, whether they are landline telephones or cell phones. When a visitor arrives at the intercom and presses the button, it dials the first number. If the first number does not answer, the intercom dials the second number after the programmed "no answer" time is reached, and it repeats the procedure for the third and fourth numbers. So your visitors should always be able to reach someone and you won't miss important deliveries or visitors.
It has both an LCD display with scrolling directory or direct dialing using the keypad so visitors can either scroll through to find the person or business they are looking for or they can dial directly if they know the number already. The keypad can also be used to unlock the door or gate by entering pre-programmed entry codes.
There is also a free downloadable app for Android and iPhone users that management personnel can use. The app can be used to send a text message to latch or unlatch the door or gate release relay. Management can choose to latch or hold the gate open in instances where they want people to come in freely. There is no need to run a telephone line or wires to the system, thereby eliminating the expense and mess associated with that task. You can pay for many years of service with the money you'll save, plus you'll get benefits you just can't get from other systems.
Cellular Phone Service
In the United States there are two technologies used for cellular telephone service. One is GSM which stands for Global System for Mobile used by AT&T and T-Mobile, as well as almost every other cellular carrier elsewhere in the world. The other technology is CDMA which stands for Code Division Multiple Access, and is used by Sprint and Verizon in the US, as well as a few other companies in Asia and South America. There are other service providers you can choose besides AT&T and T-Mobile that use GSM (they just contract with these GSM carriers to use their service so you are still using either AT&T and T-Mobile service). If you are in Canada, you can order this system and we will substitute a Canadian-approved system with identical capabilities.
To use this intercom you will be required to have a 4G GSM-based telephone service. GSM-based mobile phone service requires use of a Subscriber Identification Module (SIM), which is an integrated circuit that securely stores information needed to identify and authenticate subscribers on mobile telephony devices.
This unit has a nano-sized 4G SIM card included and instructions on how to activate it. Click this link for more details: Cell Phone Network Plan
- Tough yet attractive, vandal resistant, steel construction GSM-based intercom using either AT&T or T-Mobile mobile cell phone networks (all networks in Canada)
- No range limit (just requires cell phone service at the mounting point)
- Cellular intercom for up to 1000 apartments
- LCD display with directory scroll and direct dialing of apartment
- High-definition voice on LTE service
- Call status LEDs (for DDA hearing impaired visitors)
- Security Screw Access
- Programmable via a free Android or iPhone app
- Built-in time clock for auto opening and closing of gates, barriers, or doors in busy periods or for daytime operation
- Automatic Trigger Events per Week: 10
- Do not disturb feature
- Speak to your visitor from anywhere in the world
- Grant access from your mobile phone
- Can call up to 4 numbers in sequence
- Calls fixed line telephones as well as mobile cell phones
- Keypad for coded access and direct apartment number dialing (choose keypad from Related Items)
- Keypad Backlighting: Blue / White
- Keypad Confirmation Key: * = Keypad Code confirm | # = Start/End Call
- Visitor Keypad codes (4 digit): Permanent: 250; Time-restricted: 250; Temporary: 50
- If optional proximity card reader is installed: Permanent cards: 250; Time-restricted cards: 250; Temporary cards: 50
- Visitor Caller ID numbers for door opening: Permanent: 250; Time-restricted: 250; Temporary: 50
- Proximity Cards/Tags per apartment: 3
- Keypad codes per apartment (6 digit): 1
- Programmable with phone app, PC, or by SMS remotely.
- Quad band modem plus 4G capability.
- On screen reception indicator for easier diagnostics.
- Compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile networks. Requires a nano-SIM card.
- 2 relay outputs with Normally closed or Normally open mode.
- Relay Load: 2 amps, 24v AC max
- Power supply 24v DC 2A included
- Can be powered from 24 volts DC solar panel (See Other Products > Solar Panel Kits)
- Power surge protection provided (still recommend a lightning rod be installed to protect the unit)
- Power consumption 45mA standby, 310mA when dialing with up to 2 amp spikes.
- 4-watt speaker provides extra volume for noisy applications
- Temperature range: -20 degrees Celsius to +50 degrees Celsius
- Ingress Protection: IP55
- Approvals: FCC, CE
- Hood Cover: Powder coated Aluminum
- Mounting Housing (Backbox): Marine Grade Stainless Steel BS316
- 2-year manufacturer's warranty