This is a reliable, simple to use apartment intercom that can accommodate 2 to 4 apartments. Inside audio stations are directly connected to the door station so no outside phone line is required. Therefore it will never incur additional phone company charges.
The Audio Tenant Station is equipped with a Talk, Door Release, and Service button, which could be used for applications like turning on a light while speaking with a visitor at the entrance . This feature requires the optional External Activation Relay seen in the Related Products and Accessories.
When a visitor arrives at the door they simply press the call button for the residence they want to call. They will hear a low-volume call tone from the entrance station. When a visitor calls, the tenant stations rings, and is answered by one touch of the Talk button. The tenant station is designed to be surface mounted, and has a slim, streamlined design.
Communication is hands-free at the entrance station when a tenant answers the call, and is either voice activated hands-free or push-to-talk at the tenant station when speaking with the visitor.
When a tenant receives a call, they can press a door release button that will activate an electric door strike (not included with the system). The door release will only activate on the entrance station that is in communication with the tenant station. Depending on the electric door release system you use, the door release may only be active while the door release button is pressed.
This kit does not come with the buttons required to contact the tenants . You must order either the 2-Button or 4-Button Panel in the Related Products and Accessories depending on how may apartments you have. The kit comes with two tenant stations and you can add on two more.
Wiring The System
Every component of the system has two terminals on them labeled R1 and R2. These are all wired to a distribution point which is just a common point of distribution, a place where the stations in the system can be cleanly wired together as shown in the diagram. The distribution point could be a 66 block, a punch down block, terminal strip, or whatever can cleanly tie everything together. The tenant stations can either be wired back to the distribution point individually, or to save on overall wiring you can daisy chain them together in trunks of up to 25 stations.
To Program Tenant Stations
To put the system into program mode, press and release the program button. The In-Use LED will blink for approximately 6-15 seconds, then remain lit solid.
Press and release the talk button on the first tenant station. You should have hands-free communication between the tenant and the entry at this point.
Press and release the button on the button panel that you wish to assign to the tenant you are in communication with.
- Press the talk button again on the tenant station to turn that unit off. AP1027
- Direct-select entry panel can be configured to the exact number of tenants in a building and features a name card next to each button for identification.
- Installer-Friendly Terminal Block: The terminal block can be removed from the station unit to makes installation easier and protects the station against theft during installation.
- Push-to-talk Function For Noisy Environments: Communication to the entry panel from the tenant can be push-to-talk instead of hands-free.
- Entrance station is surface mount: Dimensions: 9-9/16" Height x 6-1/8" Wide. It is 3-3/8" deep at the top and 2 9/16" at the bottom.
- Wiring Distance: 980' with 20 AWG 2-conductor, solid, non-shielded wiring
- 1 Year Warranty