This system consists of one Master intercom and a power supply. It has the ability to talk to up to 5 Substations and these substations can be any combination of inside and outside door stations. The Substations are not included in this system, but can be ordered in any combination up to 5 additional units (6 units total per system). See the Related Products and Accessories section for Substations.
The Master intercom has five buttons and can call any substation directly. The substations can only call the Master intercom and not another Substation.
If you want to monitor the area around a Substation, you simply press the button on the Master that corresponds to the Substation you want to monitor. You will then hear everything happening around the Substation, but they will not hear you unless you press the Talk button first. To stop monitoring you simply press the Off button. While the Master is in monitor mode, other Substations cannot audibly call the Master, but an LED lights above the corresponding Substation switch on the Master for a period of 20 seconds.
Each Substation can call the Master by pressing the Call button. A tone will sound as long as the Call button is pressed. Once the Master responds by pressing the Talk button, the Substation can then talk hands free and the Master station operator will need to press the Talk button to reply.
The Master calls a Substation by pressing the corresponding Substation button and then pressing the Call button to sound a ring tone. The Master does not have to wait for a reply and can simply press the Talk button to speak.
The Master has an ALL CALL button that enables it to make an announcement to all Substations. This feature requires the optional All Call, Music, & Chime Adapter. With this adapter you can also play music through the system through its line-level input for music distribution. It also provides a chime when a door station calls in (maximum of three door stations for chime).
Substations cannot communicate with each other with this system.
Only two conductor wiring is needed from a Substation to the Master unless the optional All Call, Music, & Chime Adapter is used. Then three conductor wiring is needed between the adapter and the substations and up to a 19 conductor wire between the adapter and the Master. Substations cannot share a wire with each other.
Door Substation answering can be done from the Master station only. If you want to unlock the door from the Master and optional ELECTRIC DOOR STRIKE and an optional DOOR RELEASE RELAY are needed
See Related Products and Accessories to order substations and options.
- Simple voice communications between units
- Indoor use only
- Electronic call tone from Substations
- Press-to-talk communication at Master
- Hands free communication at Substations
- Monitor Substation area undetected from Master
- Voice and call tone volume controls
- Simple 3 conductor shielded wiring between Substation and Master station
- If no All Call feature (requires optional hardware) is required, you can use 2 conductor shielded wiring between Substation and Master station
- Wiring Distance: 650' w/22AWG; 1570' w/18AWG
- Current Consumption: Max. 4W (AC 16V). Max. 200mA (DC 24V).
- Communication: Press-to-talk, release-to-listen at master station. Hands free at Substation.
- Dimensions Master Station: (H x W x D): 7" x 5-5/8" x 2-1/4"
- Dimensions Substation: 6-1/4" x 5-1/8" x 2"
- Warranty: 1 year.