The nicest feature of this wireless intercom is that it is full-duplex, which means that once you answer a call, both parties can speak without having to press a button. They work more like a cordless telephone and, in fact, they use the same DECT 6.0 technology, which is encrypted so your neighbors will not be able to listen in. In the past, wireless intercoms worked more like walkie-talkie radios where one radio could talk at a time with push-to-talk and release-to-listen functionality.
To call an individual room you first press the Call button, then the number of the unit you want to call. When they answer you have a private conversation with only that station.
These intercoms are very flexible on power. They come with an AC adapter, you can use a standard USB battery pack, you can plug it into a computer, or you can use OPTIONAL, removable 18650 rechargeable batteries. These are the kind used in flashlights, and some Tesla electric cars still use these as their cells in their battery pack. The batteries will last approximately a week of normal operation before needing recharging or swapping with a charged battery.
The range of these intercoms is up to 1000 feet, however that is in an open environment with no walls in between. Range will be lower with obstructions.
The best feature besides the full duplex capability on this intercom is the channel feature. There are 6 channels and you can set the default channel on each intercom so that if a user leaves their channel to talk to someone else, it will default back to its preprogrammed channel. The maximum number of intercoms you can have in your system is six (1 master and 5 substations) so you cannot add more rooms beyond this limit.
The Group button enables you to call all stations no matter what channel they are on, but it is limited to 4 stations in the group.
To put a unit into monitor mode, press the Monitor button. The channel LED indicator will flash to show available channels on the master unit. Press the channel button that you want to monitor. The unit will be continuously monitored by other units. Press the Monitor button again to exit monitor mode.
- The intercom can be used out of box, then plug and begin communicating. It is truly that simple and hassle free
- 10 different ring tones
- One Main intercom may be paired with up to 5 Subs
- Group function for calling multiple units. For Group call function, can only work with 1 Main & 3 Subs
- Monitor function can be monitor one unit continuously
- Effortlessly connect and converse Hands Free, no need to hold the button to talk
- Portable design makes your communication quick, easy and effective for your home or office
- Communication distance approx. 1000 ft.
- DECT.6.0 technology, provides crystal clear sound, added reliability and secure communication using 1.9 GhZ frequency range for a superior experience
- Works with USB 5V/1A adapter, or 18650 BATTERY as backup. (Battery not included). You can take the intercom to any place you want
- Secure frequency transmission to protect privacy. Transmission won’t interfere with your other devices
- CAUTION: The 18650 battery is NOT AA or AAA battery. Please purchase 18650 battery with 3.6-3.7V, 2800-3000mAh ,Size: 2.56in *0.71in*0.71in (65MM*18MM*18MM)