We have tested lots of systems over the years and we have piles of returns of low-cost wired intercoms that just don't solve the two problems faced by truck scales: scale house operators can't understand the driver due to truck noise, and drivers can't hear them due to lack of volume.
The systems we no longer sell addressed one of these, but not both. If you've ever been to a fast-food drive through with a poor intercom you know how frustrating not being able to understand what's being said can be. There are lots of cheap Chinese-made systems you can try too, but if your scale is revenue generating then you may want to do it right the first time by going with this intercom instead of having to return the others after wasting your valuable time installing them.
This wired intercoms utilizes the
latest technology to create unparalleled audio quality. It has high-definition audio so the audio is clear on both sides and it uses full-duplex communication so no button pushes are required from the driver. A 10 Watt Class D amplifier in the outdoor intercom callbox along with its unique grill design provide the loudness needed to keep the drivers happy.
It also has and extremely effective Active Noise Cancellation that removes the background noise of the truck so real communication can take place. Other features like Automatic Volume Control accommodate for different noise levels of trucks and Automatic Gain Control increases microphone sensitivity when the talker is farther away from the microphone. Since trucks can't get too close to the intercom this is important.
There are multiple ways you can activate the system. If you see trucks pull up you can simply press a speed dial button on the phone to call the scale. The scale will auto-answer so the driver does nothing. You can also attach an optical sensor to the scale callbox and it will automatically call the scale phone. You simply pick up the call. And the third way is the driver can press the button if they can reach the callbox, but this is a less likely scenario since the mirrors on the truck may be longer than the driver's arms.
Installation is done by using CAT 5 or 6 cable between the units. It uses Voice over IP technology so you can use standard Ethernet switches and other IP devices to create a self contained IP network. The outdoor callbox has a built in IP server so no computer is required except for installation using a web browser. You will need to provide your own Ethernet POE switch such as this one: Ethernet POE Switch
The included indoor VoIP speakerphone has a brilliant 4.3″ touchscreen LCD and runs the Android operating system. Voices are transmitted clearly due to its three cardioid microphones with a 12 foot pick-up radius and HD audio processing. Its large speaker make it the ideaL system for scalehouses that can be noisy. The maximum room size is 320 square feet or 550 square feet with 2 speakerphones daisy-chained together with an included RJ-48 cable.
The speakerphone comes with WiFi and Bluetooth support for wireless communication so you can use wireless headsets with the speakerphone. The Gigabit Ethernet switch port allows you to power the conference phone via PoE+.
If you have multiple lanes you can add additional outdoor stations and you can add more inside units to have additional people help manage the lanes.
So rather than wasting time ordering, installing, troubleshooting, and attempting to return a system that will only solve half of your or your client's communication needs, you can get the right system the first time. Then you'll avoid complaining truck drivers and scale house operators and the loss of hundreds of dollars in lost labor time.
Call us now at 888-298-9489 and let us help you make sure you are getting all the right components for your truck scale intercom.
- Audio quality - percentage articulation loss of consonants (Alcons) - at 70 dB < 5%*
- Audio quality - total harmonic distortion + noise, without noise reduction (THD+N) - at 70 dB < 2%*
- SPL rated power at 1m in open duplex 95 dB*
- SPL rated power at 1m in half duplex 105 dB*
- SPL rated power at 1m in program distribution and announcement 105 dB*
- Noise cancelling - suppression of musical noise YES
- Noise cancelling - suppression of static noise YES
- Noise cancelling - suppression of rapidly changing noise YES
- Codecs G.711, G.722, G.729
- Frequency range, G.722 Codec 200 Hz – 7000 Hz
- Audio technology Modes: Full open duplex, switched open duplex
- Adaptive jitter filter
- Custom Ringing Tone
- Audio Mixing – Conversation and Group Call
- Automatic gain control (microphone)
- Internal speaker amplifier 10 W class D
- Microphone technology Digital MEMS, omnidirectional microphone
- Automatic Volume Control (AVC) Undistorted and clear audio
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) Prevents audio feedback even at high volumes (95dB)
- 10W Speaker Matches 10W amp for distortion-free broadcast level sound
- * Tested with Audio Precision SYS 2722 equipment
- Ethernet connector 1 x RJ 45
- All other connectors Tool less, spring loaded, vibration proof terminals
- General inputs and outputs 6 (configurable)
- Outputs 12mA as LED drivers
- Change-over relay (NO+NC+COM) Max: 250VAC/220VDC, 2A, 60W
- Power options PoE and or external power supply
- PoE (power over Ethernet) IEEE 802.3af standard, Class 0 (0.44W to 12.95 W)
- External power supply 24 VDC (16 – 48 V)
- Power consumption Idle 1.8W, max 12W (depending on volume)
- Audio Line out / Induction loop signal 600 Ohm
- Button backlight LED
- Call indication Icons/colors for hearing impaired
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 180 x 120 x 73 mm / 7.1” x 4.7” x 2.9”
- Dimensions after flush mount 180 x 120 x 24 mm / 7.1” x 4.7” x 0.9”
- Dimensions with on wall box 180 x 120 x 86 mm / 7.1” x 4.7” x 3.4”
- Weight 1 kg / 2.2 lbs.
- Faceplate material 3 mm / 0.12” stainless steel - AISI 304
- Base / frame material 3 mm / 0.12” Aluminum alloy - A413.0, AlSi12Fe, painted
- Electronics cover material Polycarbonate (translucent)
- Gasket material Silicone rubber
- Fastening bracket material SECC Steel
- Button material 3 mm / 0.12” Polycarbonate (transparent)
- Button travel length 1.25 mm
- Button activation force 350 gf
- Button push-cycles before failure 300 000
- Anechoic Design Open flow anechoic design eliminates "standing waves"
- Loudspeaker poke protection, large diameter object 3D cast aluminum speaker grille
- Loudspeaker poke protection, small diameter objects Stainless steel mesh, acoustically transparent
- NETWORKING AND PROTOCOLS
- Protocols IPv4 (with DiffServ), SIP, TCP, UDP, HTTPS, TFTP, RTP, SRTP, DHCP, SNMP, Vingtor-Stentofon CCoIP® , NTP
- LAN protocols Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3 a-f) Network Access Control (IEEE 802.1x)
- Management and operation HTTP/HTTPS (Web configuration) DHCP and static IP. Remote automatic software upgrade. Centralized monitoring.
- Advanced supervision functions E.g. network test, tone test, status reports
- SIP support RFC 3261 (SIP base standard) RFC 3515 (SIP refer) RFC 2976 (SIP info), SIP using TLS, RFC 5630 SIPS URI scheme
- DTMF support RFC 2833, 2976 (SIP info)
- ENVIRONMENT AND COMPLIANCES
- IP rating IP-66, tested according to EN 60529 (applies when mounted in TA-1 back-box)
- IK rating IK 10, tested according to EN 62262
- Operating temperature range -40° to 70° C
- Storage temperature range -40° to 70° C
- Realtive humidity < 95% not condensing
- Corrosion Salty mist, tested according to EN60945
- Vibration Tested according to EN60945
- UV-resistant YES
- EMC CE and FCC Part 15 EN 50121-3-2 Railway application EN 50121-4 Railway application UN Regulation 10, revision 4 + Corr.1 + Amend.1
- Compliances IEC/EN 60945 Marine Equipment IEC/EN 61000-6 Light and heavy industry IEC/EN 50155 Railway Application * IEC/EN 50486 Equipment for use in audio video door-entry systems * With additional conformal coating Requires use of EN 50155 approved PoE switch
- Certifications UL 60950-1, cUL 60950-1, CB to IEC 60950-1
- OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
- IP adress information Speaks IP address after system boot
- Button lifetime > 1000 000 cycles
- Country of manufacture Poland
- Warranty: 36 months from time of shipment.
- CONFERENCE PHONE SPECS:
- Network Connectivity: SIP
- Protocol Support: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.
- Line Appearances: 6
- Switch Port: 1x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ45
- Additional Ports: 1x 3.5 mm audio, 1x USB Micro-B, 1x RJ48 daisy chain
- PoE: IEEE 802.3at Class 4 compliant
- WiFi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliant
- Display: 4.3″ 800×400 touchscreen LCD
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Bluetooth Support: Bluetooth 4.0
- Local Conferencing: 7-way
- Wideband Audio: yes
- Audio Codecs: G.711µ/a, G.722, G.722.1 (1c pending), G.726, iLBC, Opus
- Speaker: 220 – 14,000kHz
- Volume: max. 86 dB at 0.5m
- Microphones: 3x cardioid
- Pickup Range: 12 ft
- QoS: yes
- Dimensions: 11.02″ x 11.22″ x 2.36″
- Grandstream Networks GAC2500 Android Conference Phone Package Contents:
- GAC2500 conference phone
- Universal power supply
- Network cable
- USB cable
- RJ48 cascade cable
- Quick installation guides
|Related Products and Accessories