For decades if you wanted a visitor to alert you that they were outside your gate or door you needed a voice-based intercom. This enabled you to talk to them and let them in by the press of a button.
These days everyone carries a cell phone so why not just use that instead? The only thing missing is the ability to unlock the gate or door. That's where this Cell Switch comes in.
You simply put up a sign with your cell phone number (or a free Google number that forwards to your cell number), and when people call you can talk to them and decide whether to activate your automatic gate. It doesn't matter where in the world you are. As long as you have cell phone service, you can respond to callers.
If you want to have a custom sign made you can here is one place to have that done (see example below): Custom Signs
You can also program the unit to open for people even if they don't call you. The Cell Switch can store up to 100 telephone numbers. When it receives the caller ID for one of these numbers, it can trigger the internal switch that then opens the gate automatically. This means you can program in phone numbers for your family, friends, or even services like lawn care so they just have to call the switch and it automatically opens for them.
The Cell Switch has an additional feature which sends a text message to a master user whenever it is triggered via a keypad if one is installed at the gate or door. So if you want to know when an external device such as a keypad is triggered, then a wire from the keypad to the Cell Switch will be required. The unit can also send a message every time anybody triggers the gate though their Caller ID number.
With the built in clock, you can program the unit to automatically open and close the gate at preset times. It has a 7 day clock so Depending on how it is programmed, the gate can open momentarily or it can latch open to hold the gate open.
If a switch is installed on the gate, you can send a text message to the gate to see if it is open or closed. You can also check to see whether the two built-in relays are open or closed.
- Network compatibility: AT&T, T-Mobile
- Power supply included: Voltage 12vDC to 24vAC - Can operate via solar power
- Standby current: 55mA; Operating current 300mA; Peak Demand Current: 2 amps
- 2 relays with maximum of 2 amps, 24 volts ac/dc load
- Power supply wiring: Up to 2 metres (6 feet) - Use minimum 0.5mm2 (18 gauge); Up to 4 metres (12 feet) - Use minimum 0.75mm2 (16 gauge); Up to 8 metres (24 feet) - Use minimum 1.0mm2 (14 gauge)
- This unit requires regular voice and SMS text GSM cell phone service, which in the U.S. is AT&T and T-Mobile. A 2G/3G SIM card from one of these carriers will be required
- Daylight Savings mode automatically adjusts the internal clock.
- Unit can be used an alarm device. If the input terminals are triggered with a closing connection, the device will call up to 4 phone numbers in sequence (no tone is sounded-program caller ID in your phone so you recognize the gate is calling)
- 1 status input for checking for gate status
- Stores up to 100 authorized telephone numbers for automatic opening of the gate
- Activity log to check which phone users called your gate with a time and date log
- 7 day time clock for automatic opening or closing of your gate (up to 40 events can be programmed)
- Two built-in relays can be programmed for momentary trigger from 1-9999 seconds
- Easy to program by SMS text
- Free iPhone and Android apps for easy control of gates
- 3-year limited manufacturer warranty