What if you could eliminate the expensive and messy trenching and wiring required to place a telephone entry system at your door or gate, but when a visitor arrived and pressed a button, you could still talk to them no matter where in the world you are? Plus you could even unlock or open that door or gate? The new Cellular Network Apartment Intercom enables you to do all that.
As long as your gate or door is within range of a cell phone tower, then this intercom's range is infinite. You could be on the other side of the Earth and still talk to visitors for very low cost per visitor if you need to purchase new cell phone service. If you already have AT&T or T-Mobile wireless service, you may be able to just add this intercom to your existing plan with a small monthly fee.
By pressing keys on your telephone keypad you can unlock a door or activate a gate opener so if the delivery person comes while you're out, you can easily let them in. All you have to do is answer a call from the intercom, and press * to open the gate.
This intercom supports up to 1000 apartments and can call up to 3 telephone numbers in sequence. You can program up to three telephone numbers per apartment in this unit, whether they are landline telephones or cell phones. When a visitor arrives at the intercom and presses the button, it dials the first number. If the first number does not answer, the intercom dials the second number after the programmed "no answer" time is reached, and it repeats the procedure for the third number. So your visitors should always be able to reach someone and you won't miss important deliveries or visitors.
It has both an LCD display with directory scroll or direct dialing using the keypad so visitors can either scroll through to find the person or business they are looking for or they can dial directly if they know the number already.. The keypad can also be used to unlock the door or gate by entering pre-programmed entry codes.
There is also a free downloadable app for Android and iPhone users that management personnel can use. The app can be used to send a text message to latch or unlatch the door or gate release relay. Management can choose to latch or hold the gate open in instances where they want people to come in freely. There is no need to run a telephone line or wires to the system, thereby eliminate the expense and mess associated with that task You can pay for many years of service with the money you'll save, plus you'll get benefits you just can't get from other systems.
Cellular Phone Service
In the United States there are two technologies used for cellular telephone service. One is GSM which stands for Global System for Mobile used by AT&T and T-Mobile, as well as almost every other cellular carrier elsewhere in the world. The other technology is CDMA which stands for Code Division Multiple Access, and is used by Sprint and Verizon in the US, as well as a few other companies in Asia and South America. There are other service providers you can choose besides AT&T and T-Mobile that use GSM (they just contract with these GSM carriers to use their service so you are still using either AT&T and T-Mobile service).
To use this intercom you will be required to have a 4G GSM-based telephone service. GSM-based mobile phone service requires use of a Subscriber Identification Module (SIM), which is an integrated circuit that securely stores information needed to identify and authenticate subscribers on mobile telephony devices.
This unit has a 4G SIM card included and instructions on how to activate it. Click this link for more details: Cell Phone Network Plan
This intercom has the following features:
- All-in-one design with the control module built in for ease of installation
- Built-in proximity card reader (see cards in Related Items)
- Heavy-duty, industrial enclosure with rain hood keeps weather and vandals out
- Hinged front lockable door for easy access
- Stainless steel construction for durability
- 4-watt speaker provides extra volume for noisy applications
- Gooseneck pole mount hole pattern on the back for mounting it on one of our mounting pedestals: Pedestal Mounting Poles
- Keypad included as standard so guests can easily unlock the gate
- Tough yet attractive call point, vandal resistant, all stainless steel construction GSM-based intercom using either AT&T or T-Mobile mobile cell phone networks
- No range limit (just requires cell phone service at the mounting point).
- Cellular intercom for up to 1000 apartments.
- LCD display with directory scroll and direct dialing of apartment.
- Speak to your visitor from anywhere in the world.
- Grant access from your mobile phone.
- Can call up to 3 numbers in sequence.
- Calls fixed line telephones as well as mobile cell phones.
- Keypad for coded access.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Programmable with built in keypad and screen, PC, or by SMS remotely.
- Quad band modem plus 3G capability.
- On screen reception indicator for easier diagnostics.
- Compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
- Can be set for apartment number calling mode, or dual with directory list calling.
- Reception indicator on screen.
- 1 relay output with Normally closed or Normally open mode.
- Power supply 24v d.c. 2A included.
- Power consumption 45mA standby, 500mA when dialing with up to 2 amp spikes.
- The keypad is not backlit so appropriate lighting is necessary.
- Dimensions: 5.5 H x 10.3 W, Depth (top) 4.1, Depth (bottom) 2.8
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty