By pressing a key on your telephone keypad you can unlock a door or activate a gate opener so if the delivery person comes while you're out, you can easily let them in. All you have to do is answer a call from the intercom, and press * to open the gate.
If you're having a party or there is some reason you need the gate to remain open, you can use the free iPhone or Android-based app to keep the internal relay open so your gate remains open (verify that your gate opener supports this). You can use the app to close the gate or to check the status to find out if it is open or closed.
Note: For details and tips on how to install a cell phone intercom, see this article: Installing a Cell Phone Network Intercom
You can program up to four telephone numbers in the IO1038, whether they are landline telephones or cell phones. When a visitor arrives at the intercom and presses the button, it dials the first number. If the first number does not answer, the intercom dials the second number after the programmed "no answer" time is reached, and it repeats the procedure for the next numbers. So your visitors should always be able to reach someone and you won't miss important deliveries or visitors.
If you're using the IO1038 at a driveway gate, you and up to 99 other people can also use their cell phone as a gate opener remote control. The intercom allows up to 100 telephone numbers to be stored internally for users to be able to call the system for automatic entry. The IO1038 uses the caller ID of a mobile phone to identify callers, and when it identifies callers on the list, it activates its internal relay, which opens the gate. You can program in numbers for delivery drivers, landscaping personnel, friends, family members, or anyone who needs access to your property. All they have to do is call the phone number for the intercom and the gate opens. Since the system doesn't actually answer the phone call, it doesn't use any minutes from your cell phone plan. It is also more secure than typical wireless remotes since the gate won't open without the correct Caller ID coming in with a call.
With the IO1038 there is no need to run a telephone line or wires to the system, thereby eliminating the expense and mess associated with that task You can pay for many years of service with the money you'll save, plus you'll get benefits you just can't get from other systems.
In the United States there are two technologies used for cellular telephone service. One is GSM which stands for Global System for Mobile used by AT&T and T-Mobile, as well as almost every other cellular carrier elsewhere in the world. The other technology is CDMA which stands for Code Division Multiple Access, and is used by Sprint and Verizon in the US, as well as a few other companies in Asia and South America. There are other service providers you can choose besides AT&T and T-Mobile that use GSM (they just contract with these GSM carriers to use their service so you are still using either AT&T and T-Mobile service). 3G GSM is expiring in 2022 so these intercoms now use 4G LTE compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile.
To use this intercom you will be required to have a 4G GSM-based telephone service. GSM-based mobile phone service requires use of a Subscriber Identification Module (SIM), which is an integrated circuit card that securely stores information needed to identify and authenticate subscribers on mobile telephony devices.
This unit has a 4G SIM card included and instructions on how to activate it. Click this link for more details: Cell Phone Network Plan
This intercom has the following features:
- All-in-one design with the control module built in for ease of installation
- Heavy-duty, industrial enclosure with rain hood keeps weather and vandals out
- Hinged front lockable door for easy access
- Stainless steel construction for durability
- 4-watt speaker provides extra volume for noisy applications
- Gooseneck pole mount hole pattern on the back for mounting it on one of our mounting pedestals: Pedestal Mounting Poles
- Keypad included as standard so guests can easily unlock the gate
- Check out the features list below for more capabilities
- Tough yet attractive call point, vandal resistant, all stainless steel construction
- GSM-based intercom using either AT&T or T-Mobile mobile cell phone networks - Now 4G LTE ready
- Two Gate/Door release relays built in, simply key press to open
- Use app to trigger, latch or unlatch the relay
- Compatible with any door or gate opener that needs a switch closure to operate
- Momentary, latch and unlatch control of the output when the intercom calls a phone
- Activity log (see who opened your gates and when)
- Built-in time clock control
- Remotely program your keypad codes by app
- Automatic 7-day open/close control by app
- No range limit (just requires cell phone service at the mounting point)
- Rings up to 4 telephone numbers in sequence when the call button pressed.
- Access control for up to 100 numbers using caller ID, at no call cost to users (ring intercom to open gate or door).
- Using a limit switch (a burglar alarm-type switch), users can check if their gate or door is opened or closed
- Open access mode - any non stored number can call the intercom and press * to open. Password mode requires a 4 digit code
- Illuminated keypad for up to 1000 entry codes. Keypad has 3 outputs. All can be programmed for momentary and latching operation
- Time (Restricted) Keypad Codes: Stores up to 20 codes which will only work during pre-set times and days of the week. (Relay 1 only)
- Temporary Codes: Stores up to 30 codes at any time which will auto expire after a pre-set countdown time (1-168 hours) (Relay 1 only)
- Auto Relay Trigger Times: Create up to 40 automatic time clock events to trigger or latch/unlatch gates (depending on gate system setup)
- Do not disturb: This feature allows the push button on the intercom to be active during pre-set times, and ignore button presses all other times
- After Hours / Out of Hours: You can have the intercom call a different number after hours
- Keypad is programmable via the App
- Top-mounted vandal-proof puck antenna so no need to mount separate antenna, unless in low reception areas
- Calls mobile phones and land lines
- SMA female antenna connector (not RP) on circuit board
- Complete with 24v power supply. (Requires 24 VDC, 1 amp power or 24VDC Solar Panel System)
- Current draw: 55mA on standby, 330mA when dialing (Models with a keypad have a 72mA standby)
- Dimensions: 5.5 H x 10.3 W, Depth (top) 4.1, Depth (bottom) 2.8
- Optional proximity card reader available
- Temperature range: -20 degrees Celsius to +50 degrees Celsius
- Two year limited warranty