Staffing shortages are impacting almost all businesses. But for retail businesses this staffing shortage can result in lost sales and angry customers when they cannot find someone to help them locate what they are looking for. Placing customer service buttons throughout the store can greatly reduce customer frustration and thereby increase your bottom line.
There are a couple of ways you can use these wireless customer assistance call buttons. These buttons are in the form of a box with a button that sends out a recorded message out to a receiving device. The receiving device can be a base station radio, a handheld radio, or a wireless PA system for building-wide announcements. Or you can use a combination of all three methods.
You can record your own voice messages so when a customer presses the staff request button it can be a message that tells staff where in the store help is needed. For instance, "Customer needs assistance in the paint department." The message can be programmed to be repeated several times.
These customer help buttons work will for all of these applications:
- Cutting stations
- Locked cabinet displays
- Un-staffed and part-time counters or registers
- Question-intensive merchandise areas
- Outdoor departments...Lumber, Nursery, Patio
- Hard to see areas of the store
- Heavy or high merchandise areas
- Coded Signaling: Encode CTCSS, DCS, DTMF, 3-7 tone SelCall
- Typical Range/Coverage: One-half mile, line-of-sight to a portable 2-way radio, or approximately 75,000 sq. ft. Greater range is possible when a radio repeater is used.
- Battery Life: 1 year when using AA Lithium-Ion, non-rechargeable batteries or approximately 7,000 transmissions.
- Internal Battery: 6 AA Lithium-Ion, non-rechargeable batteries.
- Antenna: Internal, tamper-proof, ¼ wave
- Housing: Gasketed, water-resistant, polycarbonate with UV stabilizer for outdoor use.
- Dimensions: 7.57 x 5.07 x 2.1 (19.23cm x 12.88cm x 5.33cm)
- Weight: 1 pound, without batteries
- Switch Input: Front-panel, momentary push button
- Voice Message "Assistance Needed" Customizable, 12 seconds max, if Reset Message also used.
- Voice Message "Reset" Optional, Customizable, 12 seconds max
- Voice Message "Low Battery Alert" Customizable - 2 seconds
- Voice Message "External Power Fail" Customizable - 2 seconds
- Programming Method: User Programmable with PC Programmer and USB to 5 Pin Mini USB Cable
- TX audio companding (allows compatibility with certain 2-way radios)
- Repeat Transmission Schedules
- Voice message recording via on-board microphone or pre-recorded .wav file
- Front panel TX indicator LED
- Can be programmed for use with radio repeaters
- FCC Rule Parts: 90 90 95J
- Frequency Range: VHF 150-165 MHz or UHF 450-470 Mhz
- Narrow/Wide Band: RF Power Output: 1Watt (a 120 milli-watt version is available)
Copyright IntercomsOnline.com. All Rights Reserved.