The Two-Way Radio Wireless PA Bridge receiver allows someone on a two-way radio or base station intercom to send an announcement to all the wired speakers in a PA/Intercom system. The Wireless PA Interface receiver can be connected to an existing wired system and it can receive transmissions from up to a mile away. Radio range can be extended with the use of an external antenna.
This Wireless PA Interface
can also be used in conjunction with the Wireless PA System
on the same frequencies. The difference between the Wireless PA Interface and the Wireless PA System is that the Wireless PA Interface does not have a built-in audio amplifier. The built-in audio amplifier allows the Wireless PA System receiver to drive up to 2 PA horn speakers as a stand alone system.
This Wireless PA Bridge receiver is designed to be connected to an existing PA/intercom system with its own PA amplifier and wired speakers. The MURS Wireless PA Bridge receiver also does not include a back-up battery since it is merely a component of a larger system usually powered by AC and its own battery back-up system.
The Wireless PA Bridge will block out any signals that it receives that are not programmed with one of the selective signaling formats it uses. It can be paged with 2-way radios programmed for Quiet Call (CTCSS), Digital Quiet Call (DCS), 2-Tone Paging, or Selcall paging formats. Each format offers a unique method of paging the receiver and they ensure that not just anyone can use your PA system.
The Wireless PA Interface connects to the Aux Input of the PA system via RCA Phono Cable if it is located within six feet of the wireless PA system. Or it connects via the 600 ohm balanced MIC input on the PA system the distance it is further than 6 feet. A typical balanced cable contains two identical wires, which are twisted together and then wrapped with a third conductor (foil or braid) that acts as a shield.
Once installed, operating the Wireless PA Bridge requires no human contact. Portable, base station or mobile two-way radios can deliver voice messages directly to a PA system with a simple press of the Push-to-Talk button for either live or recorded playback.
The Wireless PA Bridge can automatically play emergency weather warnings from the National Weather Service that is broadcast on one of the seven NOAA weather frequencies. It will listen for emergency weather broadcasts any time it is not being used. To use this feature the Bridge must first be programmed for your local NOAA weather frequency.
The Wireless PA Bridge can also play a a pre-recorded voice message when a change in a Switch Input is detected. The White and Brown wires on the 9-Conductor Interface Cable are used to connect a Switch Input to a door switch, or any other device where switch closure detection is desired. The cable assembly also provides connection to the Relay Switch closure output.
The Wireless PA Bridge can be set to provide a relay switch closure any time a valid message is received. The relay can be connected to a PA amplifier "Priority", "Override", or "Emergency" Input to activate the wired PA system. The relay can be set to normally open or normally closed.
- The Radio-To-PA System Bridge is designed to be connected to an existing PA/intercom system with its own PA amplifier and wired speakers.
- Does not include a back-up battery since it is merely a component of a larger system usually powered by AC and its own battery back-up system.
- Available in Analog and DMR Digital VHF (150-162 MHz) and UHF (450-470MHz) frequency bands. Provides compatibility with business band 2-way radios, License-FREE VHF business band radios (MURS), Family Radio Service and GMRS radios.
- Provides interconnection to the Public Address amplifier through a high impedance, unbalanced AUX input OR a 600O, balanced MIC input. Allows personnel to remain mobile while providing access via 2-way radios to existing PA speakers located throughout the facility.
- "Record and Play" allows use of radios in close proximity to PA speakers without feedback. The Radio-To-Intercom Bridge records/buffers received messages up to 24 seconds in length, then plays them over the PA immediately after releasing the PTT button on the radio.
- Easy "Plug and Play" installation.
- Programmable volume control adjusts audio output level 5-99%. Allows custom adjustment for most applications.
- Selective Decode Signaling Analog: 2-Tone, DTMF, Selcall (Group / All Call).
- Selective Decode Signaling DMR Digital: Individual Unit ID / Group Call / All Call to provide an added layer of access control to the PA system.
- Pre-announce tone (similar to existing PA systems) with programmable on/off and volume level.
- NOAA Weather Alert (VHF only).
- Field or PC programmable to frequencies within the respective band (i.e. VHF 150-165 MHz, UHF 450-470 MHz).
- The Radio-To-Intercom Bridge is for indoor use only.
- Designed and Made in the USA.