This Door Intercom Controller with Call Forwarding enables visitors at your front door to contact you on the existing telephones in your house or business, plus it has the advantage of being able to contact you on your cell phone or other phone number no matter where you are. You could be on the other side of the world and not only can you talk to visitors, you can unlock the door to let them in at the touch of a button on your phone!
This controller is placed in line with the existing telephone line that runs to your current telephones or telephone system. A door intercom (see Related Products and Accessories to choose a door intercom) is attached directly to the controller. When a visitor presses the call button on the door intercom the controller rings the inside phones with a double ring cadence so you can identify that the door unit is calling. If there is no answer on the inside phones, the built-in five number dialer takes over to make outside calls to up to five telephone numbers you program. If the controller detects busy or no answer it will dial the next number in the queue. The controller also provides a "Call Waiting" tone when the phone line is in use so you can choose to answer the call from the door before it dials out on the external phone numbers.
The controller can be programmed to activate an electric door strike when someone presses a one or two digit code on an internal telephone or one of the remote dialed telephones.
If no door strike activation is required, the controller can be configured to operate a doorbell. When the controller is programmed to Door Bell mode, the door strike relay will activate whenever the door phone goes off hook. You can connect this relay to a door bell to activate it.
If the controller is set to Remote Door Strike Activation mode, you can call in from a remote location and activate the door strike relay to let someone in even though they did not activate the door entry unit. This would be useful if you are talking to someone on their cell phone and they are standing in front of your door wanting to get in.
A standard analog telephone can be used as the door entry phone. When the phone comes off hook, the controller will ring the house phones.
You can also use the internal house phones to call out to the entry phone for monitoring purposes. This enables you to listen in to what's happening around the entry area on door units that allow this feature.
The controller can be programmed to immediately call the external phone numbers if you do not need it to call internal house phones.
There is a trigger input that can be used for a Request to Exit switch so people can press a button inside the building to activate the electric door strike.
- Add an entry phone to your standard home or office phones to provide door communication
- Provide commercial or residential security via two-way handsfree communication at the door or gate
- Connects in series with a single phone line or to a phone system's unused line input (loop start trunk input)
There are additional components that can be added to this system that allow for immediate call forwarding based on time of day, or that enable you to add a proximity card reader or separate keyless entry keypad. Should you need these features, contact us for more information.
- Allows single line telephones or a telephone system to share a phone line with a door entry phone
- House phones ring with C.O. line cadence or distinctive ring when the entry phone is calling
- Built in five number dialer
- Detects busy or ring no answer and goes onto the next number
- Built in door strike relay with 1 or 2 digit commands
- Detects touch tones as fast as 50 milliseconds
- Postal lock input
- Produces "Call Waiting" tones if the entry phone is activated when the house phones are already on a call
- Power: 120VAC / 13.8VAC 1.25A, UL listed adapter provided
- Dimensions: 133mm x 104mm x 44mm (5.25" x 4.1" x 1.75")
- Shipping weight: 0.9kg (2 lbs.)
- Environmental: 0 degree C to 32 degree C (32 degree F to 90 degree F) with 5% to 95% non-condensing humidity
- Ring Output: 5 REN, capable of ringing (10) 0.5 REN phones
- Talk Battery: 32V DC
- Relay Contact Rating: 5A @ 30VDC / 250VAC Maximum
- Connections: (12) cage clamp screw terminals