This Viking hot-line phone that lets you program a phone number in it so anytime the handset is picked up, it will call that number. It auto-dials a 1-32 digit programmable phone number each time the handset is lifted.
The phone housing consists of a heavy gauge stainless steel panel, an armored cable, a heavy duty handset, and an all metal cradle. The number is programmed into the hot-line phone using a standard touch tone phone that you provide. Any phone with tone dialing will work. To get into programming mode, you call the phone number of the hot-line phone, press the * key on the phone, and then enter the security code for the line. All programming is stored in non-volatile memory.
There are two versions of this hot line phone. The Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP) shares all of the features of the non-EWP version in addition to Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP) for outdoor installations where the unit is exposed to precipitation or condensation. EWP products feature foam rubber gaskets and boots, sealed connections, gel-filled butt connectors, as well as urethane or thermal plastic potted circuit boards with internally sealed, field-adjustable trim pots and DIP switches for easy onsite programming.
The product mounts in a standard double-gang electrical box for a nice flush-mount appearance.
You will need an analog phone line that this device can connect to and given that analog lines from telephone companies are getting very expensive, we recommend you use a Voice Over IP (VOIP) service which are very cost effective. Below are two that you could use:
- Auto dials one programmable speed dial number (up to 32 digits)
- Touch tone or pulse dialing
- Non-volatile memory (no batteries required)
- Operates on analog PABX and key system extensions or analog Centrex and C.O. lines
- Programmable 6 digit security code
- Touch tone programmable
- Vandal Resistant Features: 0.105” thick 316 stainless steel panel with permanent laser etched graphics, armored cable, metal cradle and hex drive mounting screws
- Weather Resistant Features: Marine grade 316 stainless steel faceplate and screws
- 36” armored handset cord on non EWP version
- 54” armored handset cord on EWP version
- Programmable pre-dial pause
- Blocks fraudulent calls from hand held pocket dialers
- Hearing aid compatible amplified handset with sealed push button volume control
- Programmable default volume level
- Programmable volume control disable
- Power: Telephone line powered (20V DC/18mA min)
- Dimensions standard unit: 5.0” x 10.0” x 5.1” (127mm x 254mm x 130mm)
- Dimensions EWP model: 5.0” x 10.0” x 5.18” (127mm x 254mm x 132mm)
- Shipping weight: 4 lbs. (1.8 kg )
- Operating temperature: 30°F to 140°F (-34°C to 60°C)
- Humidity EWP Model: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Panel material: 0.105” thick stainless steel
- Standard Handset Cable Length: 34” to 37” (86cm to 94cm)
- EWP Handset Cable Length: 52” to 57” (132cm to 145cm)
- Mounting: Flush mount (optional surface mount housing is available)
- Touch Tone Dial Speed: Normal = 120ms on/off, Fast = 50ms on/off
- Connections: (2) gel-filled butt connectors