This metal detecting probe for use with a MURS base station or a handheld unit will not give false signals from large animals or othermoving sources. It will detect movement of vehicles about 14 feet on either side of the probe, so it it recommended to bury the probe on the side of the driveway. This probe also operates on 6 AA alkaline batteries, but battery life is about six months under most conditions. The probe is connected to the transmitter box with 50 feet of direct burial cable, which allows for a more covert installation.
- The MURS Alert Transmitter is powered by 6 alkaline AA batteries. Batteries last about 1 year under most conditions.
- Average battery life is 6 months using good alkaline batteries under normal use (extreme cold can reduce battery life).
- 14 Feet detection either side of the probe.
- The transmitter will be mounted 4-5 feet high on a tree or post nearby
- 50 foot cable
- 6 AAA batteries.
- Reset time after trigger: 15 seconds or 120 seconds.
- Programmable frequency to five MURS channels and 38 subchannels.
- Low battery alert indication by sending a second alert message after the first one.