This MURS Alert for use with a MURS base station or a handheld unit. If you previously purchased a MURS 4-Mile Range Intercom or you are buying a MURS Alert Kit and need an additional transmitter to monitor another location, then you would purchase this. Otherwise purchase one of the MURS Alert Kits.
See the applications and other products available for MURS in the MURS Product Brochure (requires the free Adobe PDF Reader to view and print).
- The MURS Alert Transmitter is powered by 6 alkaline AA batteries. Batteries last about 1 year under most conditions.
- The transmitter detects motion up to 80 feet away (3 range settings: 30, 50, and 80 feet).
- Filter for indoor or outdoor use.
- LED can be set to flash when motion detected, or remain dark.
- Average battery life is 6 months using good alkaline batteries under normal use (extreme cold can reduce battery life).
- 6 AAA batteries.
- Reset time after trigger: 15 seconds or 120 seconds.
- Programmable frequency to five MURS channels and 38 subchannels.
- Low battery alert indication by sending a second alert message after the first one.