This MURS Commercial Intercom communicates on all 5 channels of the MURS frequencies. MURS is short for Multi-Use Radio Service and is a newly created service by the FCC in the United States. It is a low power, short range service in the VHF (Very High Frequency) 150 MHz Citizens Band radio spectrum in which you do not need a license to operate a MURS station.
The MURS Commercial Intercom has a small, rugged metal case and is designed for industrial applications. It is desk or wall-mountable with an optional wall-mount bracket, and has a range of up to 2 miles line of sight.
See the applications and other products available for MURS in the MURS Product Brochure (requires the free Adobe PDF Reader to view and print).
This intercom also works with any other MURS device including our MURS outdoor callboxes and it can send a signal to a callbox that has a gate relay to unlock a gate or activate some other electrical device.
If you want to add a louder external speaker, you can plug an optional one into the speaker jack. You can also plug in an optional external microphone. If you want to use a headset, there is an optional headset that plugs into both the speaker and microphone jacks.
The MURS Commercial Intercom includes an AC adapter for wall power, plus you have the option of powering it from a 12 volt DC car adapter.
The MURS Commercial Intercom also has a built-in NOAA Weather Radio feature so it can receive NOAA weather radio broadcasts or National Weather Services alerts for threatening weather. These features can be turned off or on via field programming.
See Figure 1 below for a description of the intercom controls and connectors.
If you are using UHF radios and want a base station that works with those, please look at the RT1064.
If you need an external antenna for a MURS Intercom, then click on this link: MURS Antenna
This unit comes preprogrammed with the five MURS channels all set with an Interference Eliminator code of 01 which matches our other MURS Radios. Unless you need other features activated, you should not have to program this unit but it is field programmable.
"We purchased the MURS 4 Mile Range and MURS Commercial Intercoms because one of our Preschool classrooms is far removed from the office - there was no way of communicating electronically/ rapidly which is of special concern in case of emergency. We decided to purchase the outdoor Callbox XT to put out on our playground. The classroom piece of the intercom has saved much frustration and time simply by eliminating the need for a staff member to either leave her classroom to walk to the office or vice versa. Our office staff (one of whom is handicapped) LOVES them because they don't have to get up and down repeatedly to deliver messages/ gather information, etcetera. It's all done through the new intercoms. They provide peace of mind in case there is an emergency." -- Stephanie Molina, Southwest Child Care and Education Centers, Albuquerque, NM
- 1.95 Watt output
- 51 User selectable Quiet Call codes (Helps screen unwanted chatter)
- Z button: Programmed for gate or door unlocking.
- 5 License-Free VHF MURS Frequencies for business applications
- Channel Scan Feature: Monitor multiple channels automatically without having to manually switch channels. Normal or priority.
- Range: Maximum ~ 2 miles
- Rugged All-Metal Steel Enclosure
- Bright, Easy-To-Read LED Display
- Compact Size: 1.4" X 3.8" X 5.6"
- Large 1 Watt Output Speaker
- - Loud, Easy-To-Hear Audio
- NOAA Weather Scan & Alert
- 110VAC or 12VDC operation
- Call Feature
- Programmable "Z" Button Soft Key can be set to perform one of these features:
- Z button: Call Tone -Used to alert other radio users of an incoming transmission
- Z button: DTMF ANI Encode -Can be used to control gates, doors or other devices remotely. Programmable on a per channel basis.
- 2-Tone Paging Encode - Allows base station to selectively page portables or control gates, doors, sirens, or other devices remotely (used with the MURS Callbox Outdoor Intercom).
- Reliable integrated RF design
- Field-programmable to other VHF frequencies (will require an FCC license to use other frequencies).
- Optional wall-mount bracket
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty
- Designed, manufactured, and serviced in the USA