The Outdoor Customer Service Callbox provides a fast, and easy wireless method for customers to summon a sales associate to a specific department or store location. When a customer presses the button on the Callbox, it transmits user-recordable voice messages to two-way radios, wireless intercoms, or a wireless PA system. The Callbox enhances customer service and promotes productivity of sales associates, which increases store sales.
See the applications and other products available for MURS in the MURS Application Bulletin (requires the free Adobe PDF Reader to view and print).
This Callbox solves one of the most costly problems retail store owners have. That is the loss of customers who gets frustrated when they can't find store personnel to ask questions. Frustrated customers generally leave without buying.
A recent National Retail Federation survey found "...in the previous six (6) months 62% of [all] respondents indicated...walking out of a store without making a planned purchase."Why? "...because they could not find a sales clerk to help." The Customer Callbox Service solves this costly problem.
To further enhance staff efficiency, when an employee arrives to help the customer, a hidden reset button is pushed on the Callbox to activate an "All Clear" voice message to other personnel - permitting them to assist other customers, or tend to other duties.
The Callbox is completely wireless, and battery powered, which makes it easy to install virtually anywhere without costly remodeling. There is no need for any external power, special wiring, expensive remodeling, airtime charges, or dedicated phone lines. Plus there's no disruption to operations since the Callbox is completely wireless and battery operated. It can be installed anywhere in literally minutes. What's more it can be relocated as needed in a flash.
Use the MURS Outdoor Customer Service Callbox...
Locked cabinet displays
Un-staffed and part-time counters or registers
Question-intensive merchandise areas
Outdoor departments...Lumber, Nursery, Patio
Hard to see areas of the store
Heavy or high merchandise areas
There is also a version that works with almost any VHF band two-way radio. Call us if you need that model. Also, if you have UHF two-way radios in your business, see the version that works with it.
You can record your own voice messages and select the number of times and how often the Callbox will transmit the voice alert.
This unit comes preprogrammed to MURS Channel 1 with an Interference Eliminator code of 01 which matches our other MURS Radios.You will need a standard USB to Mini B cable to program messages in the callbox. If you do not have one, order the Voice Message PC Programming Cable under Related Products and Accessories
(only one required to program all callboxes). This cable is used along with a downloadable software to move WAV audio files to the callbox as well as making minor programming changes.
If you need to make more advanced changes such as changing frequencies and sending custom signaling, a complete programming kit will be required. Order the Callbox Programming Software and Cable in Related Products and Accessories.
- Coded Signaling: Encode CTCSS, DCS, DTMF, 3-7 tone SelCall
- Typical Range/Coverage: One-half mile, line-of-sight to a portable 2-way radio, or approximately 75,000 sq. ft. Greater range is possible when a radio repeater is used.
- Battery Life: 1 year when using AA Lithium-Ion, non-rechargeable batteries or approximately 7,000 transmissions.
- Internal Battery: 6 AA Lithium-Ion, non-rechargeable batteries.
- Antenna: Internal, tamper-proof, ¼ wave
- Housing: Gasketed, water-resistant, polycarbonate with UV stabilizer for outdoor use.
- Dimensions: 7.57" x 5.07" x 2.1" (19.23cm x 12.88cm x 5.33cm)
- Weight: 1 pound, without batteries
- Switch Input: Front-panel, momentary push button
- Voice Message "Assistance Needed" Customizable, 12 seconds max, if Reset Message also used.
- Voice Message "Reset" Optional, Customizable, 12 seconds max
- Voice Message "Low Battery Alert" Customizable - 2 seconds
- Voice Message "External Power Fail" Customizable - 2 seconds
- Programming Method: User Programmable with PC Programmer and USB to 5 Pin Mini USB Cable
- TX audio companding (allows compatibility with certain 2-way radios)
- Repeat Transmission Schedules
- Voice message recording via on-board microphone or pre-recorded .wav file
- Front panel TX indicator LED
- Can be programmed for use with radio repeaters
- FCC Rule Parts: 90 90 95J
- Frequency Range: 150 - 165 MHz
- Narrow Band Narrow Band MURS frequencies only
- Narrow/Wide Band
- RF Power Output: 1Watt (a 120 milli-watt version is available)