Low Cost Long-Range Wireless Intercom
Introducing the MURS Multi-Mile Base Wireless Intercom – the first of its kind intercom system that's perfect for long-distance communication needs. Whether you're communicating within a large property or between buildings, this wireless intercom is a must-have. And with the ability to add a handheld unit to your MURS intercom system, you can stay in touch up to four miles away from your home!
No license is required to operate the MURS station in the U.S. Plus, with the external antenna feature, you can boost your transmission power output by up to 4 times! And if you need to communicate with more people, the MURS system is fully expandable to an unlimited number of intercom stations.
This wireless intercom is easy to install and comes with a power supply included. And with the monitor button, you can listen for conversations on the channels to ensure you're not interrupting others. Other features include a removable antenna, four call tones, five channels with 38 privacy codes, earphone jack for private listening, and more.
But that's not all – the base station units can also receive a signal from the MURS Alert 4 mile wireless motion detector, which can be set up in any location to monitor and notify you when someone has entered a monitored area.
Expect your range to be less in buildings, with electrical interference, or with obstructions in the way. But with the MURS Multi-Mile Base Wireless Intercom, you'll have the range and flexibility you need to communicate effectively.
This MURS Multi-Mile Base Intercom does not wall mount, but we do have a MURS unit that does. If you need features not found on this intercom system, also compare it to the MURS Commercial Intercom System .
MURS intercoms do not have a continuous monitor mode so they cannot be used like a baby monitor.
For Frequently Asked Questions about these intercoms see the MURS Wireless Intercom FAQS
If you need an external antenna for a MURS Intercom, then click on this link: MURS Antenna
What is the range of these radios?: 2-Way Radio Range: How Far Can Two-Way Radios Communicate?
- "I just wanted to let you know how very pleased my parents are with the MURS Multi-Mile Base Intercoms they purchased. They live on a farm with an all metal construction workshop about 200 feet from the house. That poses no problem at all for this system! With one unit at each end of the house and another in the shop, they can communicate so easily! Dad is 91 and Mom is 86 and Dad loves to spend time building things in the heated shop. Now they are able to "check-in" with each other, without having to go out in the cold and snow!
- The clarity of these units is amazing! As clear a hardwired landline! This system really adds an element of safety to their lives. I am so glad I found your site, with the 45 day return policy, etc. All the items were shipped very promptly, well packed and so easy to set-up! Thanks again for your help." Ken Reynolds, Greeley, CO
- "We purchased the MURS 4 Mile Range and MURS Commercial Intercoms because one of our Preschool classrooms is far removed from the office - there was no way of communicating electronically/ rapidly which is of special concern in case of emergency. We decided to purchase the outdoor Callbox XT [along with this base station intercom] to put out on our playground.
- The classroom piece of the intercom has saved much frustration and time simply by eliminating the need for a staff member to either leave her classroom to walk to the office or vice versa.
- Our office staff (one of whom is handicapped) LOVES them because they don't have to get up and down repeatedly to deliver messages/ gather information, etcetera. It's all done through the new intercoms. They provide peace of mind in case there is an emergency." Stephanie Molina, Southwest Child Care and Education Centers, Albuquerque, NM
- "We bought the MURS Intercom for use in our large in-house exercise facility. We like its size, range, and voice clarity. It gave us range we needed and communications are clear. What we really like is the installation savings since we didn't have to pay for an expensive commercial electrician to pull wires" Zane J., Houston, TX
- "My 5 year old great nephew Joey and his father built a house on our property about a quarter mile away. My great nephew is paralyzed and in a wheelchair. We wanted to make sure that he had an easy way to communicate directly with us after they moved in to their house. They don't have a phone line and Joey can't yet use a cell phone so the MURS intercom gives him the security of always being able to get in touch with us and vice versa! It also saves money on cell phone calls.
- We like its ease of operation, clear sound, and long distance. I wouldn't change a thing about it!" Melissa Page-Fockler, Humbird, WI
- "My mother lives 2 blocks down the road from me, and she is not in good health. I needed an intercom system that was easy to use and had the range to reach her. The MURS intercom fit my needs and is a good value Now if she needs me all she has to do is press a single button and I can be there in a hurry." Karen Price, Columbus, MS
- "We ordered three base stations. We put two in a big totally enclosed metal building and one in a house 400 feet away. We are sooooooooo pleased with the units " Jerry and Emilie Warren, Cumming, GA
- "We needed a wireless intercom to use between offices in an old building where running physical cables was next to impossible. The MURS Intercom provided the range we needed without FCC license requirements, and they saved us from costly installation of cabling Using the different channels is also very easy". Archie Goyne, High Ridge, MO
- Installs in seconds.
- The base station unit is powered by a plug-in AC to DC transformer (not battery powered). The power supply is included with this unit.
- Transmission power output: 1.65 Watts
- Fully expandable to an unlimited number of intercom stations. Add additional intercoms to your system as needs change.
- Monitor button is used to listen for conversations on the channels to see if there are any conversations before you transmit. (This feature does not work like a baby monitor and cannot be used to continuously monitor an area around the intercom. The FCC does not allow continuous transmit in this frequency.).
- Removable antenna allows use of external antennas.
- Four call tones to page other users.
- Turning on Lock capability keeps others from changing channels and other features.
- Each unit has five channels with 38 privacy codes.
- Earphone jack for private listening (no microphone jack).
- Base station units can also receive a signal from the MURS Alert 4 mile wireless motion detector that can be easily set up in nearly any location to monitor and notify when someone has entered a monitored area.
- Normally open relay connections on the back of the base unit for use with the MURS Alert system.
- Will communicate up to 4 miles on the South Dakota prairie or similar open topography. Expect your range to be less in buildings, with electrical interference, or with obstructions in the way.
- No FCC license required for operation.
- One year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Dimensions: 4.75w x 5.75d x 1.75h
- This intercom CANNOT be used to unlock a gate or door using our callboxes.
- 12 Volt DC power supply included.
- Not wall mountable