Many of our MURS radios enable you to remove the included antenna and add an external antenna. For MURS radios, the FCC limits antenna height to 20 feet above a structure, or 60 feet above ground (whichever is greater). The higher you place your antenna, the greater range you will get.
The radiating element is a 5/8 wave design with a center frequency of 153.210 MHz. The core material is 3/8" (9.5mm) solid fiberglass that is wound with 19ga heavy insulated copper wire. The radiating element is approximately 45" long (114cm). All of this is covered with white, UV stabilized PVC shrink tubing. The antenna base threads are the common 3/8"-24.
A combination angle bracket, u-bolt, hub plate and antenna stud is central to the assembly of the base antenna. This assembly mounts to the top of any mast up to 1.5" (38mm) in diameter. The kit comes with four (4) structural aluminum radials that measure 1/8" x 1/2" x 20" (3mm x 13mm x 51cm). Each is pre-drilled to mount to the hub plate.
All mounting and assembly hardware is included (assembly is required). Also included is a three foot cable with a PL-259 (UHF) connector to connect to the antenna on one end, and a male BNC connector on the other. You will need to add additional cable in the proper length with a FEMALE BNC connector on one end and a MALE BNC for the Callbox XT or base station intercoms on the other.. The recommended cable is an RG-8X or RG58A/U (not RG58/U)
coax . Here is a web site that can build a custom cable for you: custom cables
- The radiating element is a 2-Meter, 5/8 wave design with a center frequency of 153.210 MHz
- 6dBi gain
- The top to bottom height of the entire assembly is a about 46" (117cm) and the diameter of the radial circle is 44" (112cm).
- The antenna base threads are the common 3/8"-24 thread pattern
- The antenna stud utilizes a standard SO-239 base for easy hook-up with any PL-259 terminated coaxial cable
- 1 year manufacturer warranty