- Technology improvements that make systems easier and better
- Falling prices of high-end security products
- Recovery of the building construction and housing in increasing sales of mechanical security products like locks
- Widespread media coverage is causing the perception of increased crime, despite a long-term falling crime rate.
- Many public safety officials are overburdened so supplemental security arrangements are necessary.
The strongest gains are expected to come in electronic access control system and locks each with a 11 percent annual gain through 2016. Most security products markets are expected to post solid gains with the rebound of many types of building construction.
To learn where to get this market research report, click here.