This intercom kit could be used for lots of applications like door entry ways and gates. The outside callbox has a automatic noise cancelling design for fairly loud environments but it does not work well for extremely noisy applications like truck scales.
Pressing the button on the outdoor callbox causes the inside handset to ring. You can then answer the phone and have a conversation.
If you initiate a call from the inside telephone by taking the handset off-hook, the outdoor callbox can be programmed to auto answer and a talk path will be opened between the callbox and the handset.
The callbox can be surface mounted or mounted on a gooseneck pedestal pole.
Both the outside and inside units get their power from the central hub. The power supply is included. Connections to the central hub require RJ-11 telephone connectors.
- Weather-proof outside callbox - marine grade 316 stainless steel faceplate and metal call button, surface mount
- Outside callbox has noise reduction circuitry
- No power required for the outside callbox
- Use standard phone wire for connections
- Max Distance Between Phones: 4.2 km (2.6 mi) maximum - 24 AWG twisted pair
- Durable telephone for inside use
- Vandal Resistant Callbox Features: 14 gauge louvered 316 stainless steel faceplate with permanent laser etched graphics, speaker/ mic screen, heavy duty metal keypad and "Call" button and hex drive mounting screws
- Weather Resistant Features: Marine grade 316 stainless steel faceplate, screws and and push button switch. Switch internally sealed per IP67. Mylar speaker. Self-draining mic mount. Faceplate, mic and speaker gaskets. Weather resistant powder paint on black housing which is made of 0.062 stainless steel
- Powered from control unit, no power needed at the callbox
- Non-volatile memory (no batteries required)
- Red off-hook LED indicator
- Volume adjustments for microphone and speaker
- Extended temperature range (-15 degree F to 130 degree F)
- Callbox is designed to meet IP66 Ingress Protection Rating (see DOD# 859 for more information)
- Callbox dimensions: 5.14" x 5.22" x 3.25"
- Operating Temperature: -26 degree C to 54 degreeC (-15 degree F to 130 degree F)
- Humidity - E-30: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Humidity - E-30-EWP: Up to 100% condensing
- Connections: Gel-filled butt connectors