This Single Door Access System is an audio door answering and door release system designed for business use, but it works well in a house too.
It is very simple to use. When a visitor presses the single Call button on the door station, the master station receives a short tone. The person at the master station is required to press the Talk button to speak, and then release to listen. The person at the door station speaks hands free. If you know the person at the door is there, they do not need to press the Call button at all. Just press the Talk button to talk to them. At the end of a call, if the OFF button is not pressed then the master station continuously monitors the area around the door. If you hear someone come to the door then you simply press the Talk button to speak to them.
If you have an optional electronic door release lock installed, you can also press a door release button (key symbol) on the master to unlock the door remotely.
The voice volume on the master is adjustable by a control on the front of the master station. There is also a call tone volume control hidden beneath an operator plate.
The master station can either be surface wall mounted, or desk mounted. It wall mounts on a single-gang box or ring. The weather resistant door station surface mounts on a standard single-gang box or ring (or it could be mounted directly to the surface).
This is a kit that set includes a desk or wall mount master station, a surface mount door station, and an AC transformer to power the system. This intercom requires 2 conductor shielded cable between the door intercom and monitor.
If you need to one additional master station there is an expansion kit available in the Related Items section below.
This system takes a 2-wire shielded connection. One wire connects to the E terminal on both parts. The other wire connects to the 1 terminal on both parts. The included 12 volts AC power supply connects to the + and - terminals (not polarity sensitive since it is an AC supply). The EL terminal is used for the door release if you have an electric door strike installed.Features
- Simple door answering (1 door)
- Electronic call tone from door station
- Press-to-talk communication at master
- Hands free communication at door
- Monitor entry area undetected from inside
- Voice and call tone volume controls
- Variety of remote stations available
- Weather-resistant door station
- Door release with optional electric door strike
- Simple 2 conductor shielded wiring between door and master station (with separate 2 conductor wiring for door release)
- Wiring Distance: 650' w/22AWG; 1570' w/18AWG
- Power source: 12-16V AC or 12-24V DC
- Current Consumption: Max. 4W (AC 16V). Max. 200mA (DC 24V).
- Communication: Press-to-talk, release-to-listen at master station. Hands free at remote station.
- Door Strike Wiring: 2 conductors from master to door strike (in a separate jacketed cable from the
- communication wiring)
- Door release button contact: 30V, AC or DC, 1A
- Dimensions Master Station: (H x W x D): 7-1/16 x 5-5/8 x 2-1/8
- Dimensions Door Intercom: 4-3/4x 3-1/2 x 1-1/8
- One year manufacture's warranty