This Security Window Intercom System is used at ticket windows, box office windows, cashier windows, bank teller windows, customer service windows, or anywhere a glass window speaker is needed. You can provide the protection your employees need, without angering your customers with poor communication through the window.
This advanced dual-way thru glass intercom provides clear, hands-free audio system that provides high-quality personal communication between people separated by security or isolation barriers.
Voice activated circuitry facilitates ongoing, clear, 2-way conversation at all times as if the booth attendant and the customer were together in the same room.
This window speaker system provides clear communication even in environments with high ambient noise by shaping the sound for maximum intelligibility. Its noise-cancelling compression circuitry decreases loud, annoying sounds.
If your window is bullet resistant you can add the bullet resistant option to the window intercom. This keeps the intercom from being the weak link in your security window intercom.
How To Install...
Installation is a very simple, one-person operation. All that's needed is a 3.25 to 3.50 inch round cutout in the barrier. Four fasteners and two rubber gaskets needed for mounting are supplied. Please specify barrier thickness and opening diameter when ordering. If you have a 4.00 inch diameter opening, please order the 4" adapter plate. For 5 inch diameter opening, please order the 5" adapter plate.
The front face and housing are easily mounted on opposite sides of the barrier using the fasteners supplied. The rubber gaskets prevent slippage and protect the barrier surface. The electronic section is then inserted into the housing and fastened in place.
- Clear, 2-way hands-free voice communication
- Avoids shouting, repetition, misunderstanding
- Rugged Aluminum Construction
- Background noise level monitoring
- Quality electronic design and engineering
- Simple, one-person installation
- Bullet-resistant option. (see Related Items)
- Sound amplifier does not exceed a 0.2% total harmonic distortion rating
- Made in U.S.A.
- Outside face plate dimensions: 4.00 dia x 0.50D
- Inside control housing dimensions: 4.00 diameter x 3.50D
- Microphone and gooseneck 18 inches
- Control Housing (Inside): Machined aluminum, anodized finish, tamper-resistant
- Outside Face Plate: Solid aluminum, anodized finish, tamper-resistant
- Weight: ~4.50 lbs.
- Mounting: Partition hole 3.25 to 3.50 inch diameter (3.50 recommended)
- Panel Controls: Listen volume, talk, volume, on-off switch
- Audio Frequency Response: Selectively shaped for maximum voice intelligibility
- Audio Power: 2 watts per amplifier
- Distortion: Less than 0.2%
- Listen Mode: 20 dB compression
- Talk Mode: VOX
- Microphones: Electret (inside gooseneck mic. is 18.0 long). Optional 8.0 or 24.0 models avail., at extra cost. Please specify when ordering!
- Power Supply: Input: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, Output: 18 VDC, 175mA