The UHF 406 Callbox XT Outdoor Intercom with Gate Relay works with other UHF radios in the 406-421Mhz frequency range and it provides long range, 2-way voice communication from the fixed location of the Callbox to any of your other radios. It has a range of up to one mile or more with an optional external antenna.
This heavy duty outdoor intercom is designed for construction sites, golf courses, hotels/motels, airport parking lots, gated entrances, manufacturing, college campuses, hospitals, receiving docks, amusement parks, resorts, locked entrances, farms, ranches, warehouses, campgrounds, parking lots, delivery doors, and any other application that needs two way communication for safety or convenience.
There is no need for extensive wiring, trenching, remodeling, or installing dedicated phone lines with expensive monthly fees since the Callbox is completely wireless.
For simple installation, the Callbox is designed to operate on 6 D-cell batteries (alkaline or Ni-Cad rechargeable). An optional external power supply is also available.
The Callbox has two modes of power consumption. In Automatic Turn-Off the unit turns itself off after a programmed amount of inactivity (up to 4 minutes). It can only be turned on again by pressing its Call button on the Callbox. In this mode it cannot receive calls from other intercom or handheld radio units. It can only make calls and then other units can respond.
In Normal mode, the unit does not turn itself off and the Callbox can not only make calls, but receive them as well. This mode consumes the largest amount of power and should only be considered if an external source of power is available. If an external source of power is used, the internal batteries can be installed as a back-up against loss of
If you use the CallBox Outdoor Intercom with Gate Relay along with a radio that can send a 2-Tone encode signal then the Callbox can be used to remotely control gates or magnetic door locks. The Callbox has a single 1-Amp switch output that can be activated when the Callbox receives a unique 2-Tone encode signal that the radio sends.
The Callbox with Gate Relay can also operate as a motion, gate entry, tamper or vehicle detection device. It will send a tone alert when optional switch/sensor status changes. The Callbox will send a warning tone when a change in the Sensor Input is detected. The Sensor Input will respond to an OPEN or CLOSED switch.
The Callbox is housed in a fiberglass enclosure with a stainless steel faceplate that includes tamper-resistant fasteners and a concealed antenna making it perfect to withstand harsh elements.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requires the owners of radios operating on these frequencies to obtain a station license before using them.
If you are using this system with your existing UHF two-way radios, make sure you enter in the Notes field of the order the frequencies that you want the Callbox to use so we can program it for you. Include any privacy codes and the 2-Tone encode signal you are using. You must also include the Business Band Radio Programming option in your order to have us program the Callbox, or you can program it yourself using the enclosed user guide.
For more details see our Wireless Call Box System Facts article.
- Tamper resistant enclosure with stainless steel face plate, measures 11.5"H x 9.5"W x 4"D
- Weather-resistant housing
- 1 watt power output. Narrow or wide-band programmable.
- The Callbox speaker volume can be programmed to any level desired between 2 - 100%
- Works with UHF radios in the 406-421Mhz frequency range.
- Will work with repeater systems that require transmit and receive on separate channels.
- Optional external 12 Volt DC transformer (requires 110 VAC available at the installation location
- Can be powered with 6 rechargeable D-cell Alkaline or Ni-Cd batteries. Batteries can be used as a back-up in case of power outage
- Batteries good for one year or up to 1,000 transmissions when used in Automatic Turn-Off mode.
- Low Battery Alert
- External Power Fail Alert
- When used with transformer power (requires 110 VAC available at the gate) the Callbox is programmed so intercom is always on Low battery alert Works with 12 VDC operator systems only
- Current draw: Standby mode - 80mA, Receiving a call - 200mA, Transmitting - 500-600mA 1 channel, 1 watt transmitter
- Pre-programmed for your specific needs, also field programmable for some features
- Line of site range up to 1 mile with included antenna
- Simple push-to-talk operation, two-way voice communication to remote radio or base station
- Reliable integrated RF design
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty
- Designed, manufactured, and serviced in the USA