When you need wireless communication in a location and you need it fast, this compact callbox is the perfect answer. This fully self-contained unit can be powered by an external power source or by alkaline batteries, which means installation can consist of simply installing batteries and mounting it where you need it. It can talk to either hand-held radios or surface-mounted base stations at distances of up to a mile. This is the perfect solution to eliminating expensive trenching and wiring.
There is no need for an external antenna since the unit has a built-in antenna, but if you need to overcome obstacle challenges or to reach longer ranges, an external antenna accessory cable is available that enables using a different antenna mounted higher.
We can custom program these callboxes to any business-band two-way radio frequency so we can match radios you already have, or to new radios.
The unit comes with two mounting brackets for flat surface mounting, or you can purchase an optional gooseneck pedestal pole mounting bracket for pole mount installations. Since the callbox seals with four security Torx screws, a Torx bit is include too.
- Wireless, 2-Way, Push-To-Talk Narrowband Analog Technology No Costly Trenching or Construction Costs To Install
- Stand-Alone Operation. No Wires. Or Optional External Powered for Always-On Operation
- High-Audio Output, High-Gain Mic Capability Adjustable Volume - Loud, Easy To Hear In Loud Environments
- High Performance, Business Band Frequencies Long Range“1 Mile, Line-Of-Sight
- Rugged, High-Impact Gasket Sealed Enclosure Durable, Sealed and Weatherproof For Outdoor Use
- Internal Antenna, Tough, Machined Aluminum PTT Button Long-Life, Tamper and Vandal-Resistant
- UHF business-band frequencies. Require an FCC license.
- Standard Flange Mount Hole Pattern Easy Installation. Optional Mounting Brackets Available
- Volume Level. Field programmable or PC programmable to 5 “ 100% volume level
- Battery Powered. Can be powered by 3 Alkaline D-cell batteries for 500mW transmit power. D-cell batteries can operate the radio for up to one year or 7,000 transmissions
- External Power +12 VDC Capable. Can be powered by an external +12 VDC source. This method of powering the callbox allows the radio to remain ON at all times, like an intercom. Automatic Turn Off must be DISABLED
- Low Battery Alert. The callbox will transmit an Alert Tone at the end of each transmission when the batteries approach end-of-life. This allows sufficient time for you to replace the batteries and assure uninterrupted service. Can also transmit a recorded Low Battery voice message
- +12 VDC Power Fail Alert. This feature can be enabled via Field or PC programming. The callbox will transmit an Alert Tone if it detects loss of +12 VDC power. The radio automatically continues to transmit an Alert Tone once every hour (unless programmed for Automatic Turn Off) until +12 VDC is restored or the batteries are depleted. Can also transmit a recorded Power Fail voice message
- High/Low Power Output. When powered by External +12VDC the callboxes can be Field programmed for High or Low transmitter power output. When battery power the callbox operates in Low power mode exclusively "Automatic Turn-Off" or "Intercom" Operation. The Callbox can operate in the standard "Automatic Turn-Off" mode (Factory Default), where the radio is normally OFF until the Call Button is pressed, or can be Field or PC programmed for "Intercom" operation where the radio is always ON. See "External Power +12 VDC Capable" feature above.
- Power Consumption: Off: 0mA; Sleep: 3mA; Standby: 93mA; Receive; 300mA; Transmit (low): 500mA: Transmit (high) 760mA
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +55°C (-4°F to 131°F) Battery rating. At 0°C the capacity is < 50% rated) Talk range will decrease at low temperatures when operating on alkaline batteries.
- Dimensions: 7" tall x 5.5" wide x 3 inches deep