The UHF Outdoor Customer Service Callbox provides a fast, and easy wireless method for customers to summon a sales associate to a specific department or store location. When a customer presses the button on the Callbox, it transmits user-recordable voice messages to two-way radios, wireless intercoms, or a wireless PA system. The Callbox enhances customer service and promotes productivity of sales associates, which increases store sales.
This Callbox solves one of the most costly problems retail store owners have. That is the loss of customers who gets frustrated when they can't find store personnel to ask questions. Frustrated customers generally leave without buying.
A recent National Retail Federation survey found "...in the previous six (6) months 62% of [all] respondents indicated...walking out of a store without making a planned purchase. "Why? "...because they could not find a sales clerk to help." The MURS Customer Callbox Service solves this costly problem.
To further enhance staff efficiency, when an employee arrives to help the customer, a hidden reset button is pushed on the Callbox to activate an "All Clear" voice message to other personnel... permitting them to assist other customers, or tend to other duties.
The Callbox is completely wireless, and battery powered, which makes it easy to install virtually anywhere without costly remodeling. There is no need for any external power, special wiring, expensive remodeling, airtime charges, or dedicated phone lines. Plus there's no disruption to operations since the Callbox is completely wireless and battery operated. It can be installed anywhere in literally minutes. What's more it can be relocated as needed in a flash.
Use the UHF Outdoor Customer Service Callbox...
- Cutting stations
- Locked cabinet displays
- Unstaffed and part-time counters or registers
- Question-intensive merchandise areas
- Outdoor departments...Lumber, Nursery, Patio
- Hard to see areas of the store
- Heavy or high merchandise areas
This Callbox is field programmable to work with almost any UHF band two-way radio.
A Voice Notification and Customer Service Programming Kit (RT1058) is required that includes PC programming software and a USB to mini B cable that connects the callbox to the computer. This setup allows the you to reprogram the frequency and tone information, as well as set the broadcast schedule (number of message repeats and intervals), and program the voice message through the on board microphone of the callbox directly. This kit by itself does not allow you to transfer a .WAV file from the computer to the callbox.
To allow the transfer of .WAV files, you need the programming kit above as well as the Customer Service Callbox WAV File Transfer Cable (RT1003) (audio cable that connects the 3.5 mm jack from the PC to the two pin plug on the callbox printed circuit board).
- Set the number of times the message will transmit before it stops: 1-8 or continuous
- Set the length of time between message transmission: 15 seconds to 10 minutes
- Set the number of times the message is played on each transmission: 1-9 times
- Coded Signaling: Encode CTCSS, DCS, DTMF, 3-7 tone SelCall
- Typical Range/Coverage: One-half mile, line-of-sight to a portable 2-way radio, or approximately
- 75,000 sq. ft. Greater range is possible when a radio repeater is used.
- Battery Life: 1 year when using AA Lithium-Ion, non-rechargeable batteries or approximately 7,000 transmissions.
- Internal Battery: 6 AA Lithium-Ion, non-rechargeable batteries.
- Antenna: Internal, tamper-proof, 1/4 wave
- Housing: Gasketed, water-resistant, polycarbonate with UV stabilizer for outdoor use.
- Dimensions: 7.57" x 5.07" x 2.1" (19.23cm x 12.88cm x 5.33cm)
- Weight: 1 pound, without batteries
- Switch Input: Front-panel, momentary push button
- Voice Message "Assistance Needed" Customizable, 12 seconds max, if Reset Message also used.
- Voice Message "Reset" Optional, Customizable, 12 seconds max
- Voice Message "Low Battery Alert" Customizable - 2 seconds
- Voice Message "External Power Fail" Customizable - 2 seconds
- Programming Method: User Programmable with PC Programmer and USB to 5 Pin Mini USB Cable
- TX audio companding (allows compatibility with certain 2-way radios)
- Repeat Transmission Schedules
- Voice message recording via on-board microphone or pre-recorded .wav file
- Front panel TX indicator LED
- Can be programmed for use with radio repeaters
- FCC Rule Parts: 90 90 95J
- Frequency Range: 450 to 470 MHz
- Narrow Band Narrow Band MURS frequencies only
- Narrow/Wide Band
- RF Power Output: 120 mW (a 2 watt version is available)