This UHF Commercial Intercom communicates with radios in the UHF 450-470 MHz frequency bands.
The UHF Commercial Intercom has a small, rugged metal case and is designed for industrial applications. It is desk or wall-mountable with an optional wall-mount bracket.
If you want to add a louder external speaker, you can plug an optional one into the speaker jack. You can also plug in an optional external microphone. If you want to use a headset, there is an optional headset that plugs into both the speaker and microphone jacks.
The UHF Commercial Intercom includes an AC adapter for wall power, plus you have the option of powering it from a 12 volt DC car adapter.
See Figure 1 below for a description of the intercom controls and connectors.
This unit can also be used in a vehicle by adding the 12 Volt DC Adapter below and a magnetic mount antenna.
If you are already using two-way radios, this intercom can also be field-programmed to other UHF frequencies to match those radios.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requires the owners of radios operating on these frequencies to obtain a station license before using them.
"We purchased the MURS 4 Mile Range and MURS Commercial Intercoms because one of our Preschool classrooms is far removed from the office - there was no way of communicating electronically/ rapidly which is of special concern in case of emergency. We decided to purchase the outdoor Callbox XT to put out on our playground. The classroom piece of the intercom has saved much frustration and time simply by eliminating the need for a staff member to either leave her classroom to walk to the office or vice versa. Our office staff (one of whom is handicapped) LOVES them because they don't have to get up and down repeatedly to deliver messages/ gather information, etcetera. It's all done through the new intercoms. They provide peace of mind in case there is an emergency." -- Stephanie Molina, Southwest Child Care and Education Centers, Albuquerque, NM
- 2 Watt output
- 51 User selectable Quiet Call codes (Helps screen unwanted chatter)
- 1 Programmable softkey: Can be used for Channel Scan, Channel Monitor, Call Tone Transmit, 2-Tone Encode for gate opening
- Supports up to 10 Channels
- Channel Scan Feature: Monitor multiple channels automatically without having to manually switch channels. Normal or priority.
- Range: Maximum 2 miles (unobstructed line of sight)
- Rugged All-Metal Steel Enclosure
- Bright, Easy-To-Read LED Display
- Compact Size: 1.4" X 3.8" X 5.6"
- Large 1 Watt Output Speaker - Loud, Easy-To-Hear Audio
- NOAA Weather Scan & Alert
- 110VAC or 12VDC operation
- Call Feature
- Programmable "Z" Button Soft Key can be set to perform one of these features:
- Z button: Call Tone -Used to alert other radio users of an incoming transmission
- Z button: DTMF ANI Encode -Can be used to control gates, doors or other devices remotely. Programmable on a per channel basis.
- 2-Tone Paging Encode - Allows base station to selectively page portables or control gates, doors, sirens, or other devices remotely (used with the MURS Callbox Outdoor Intercom).
- Reliable integrated RF design
- Field-programmable to other VHF frequencies (will require an FCC license to use other frequencies).
- Optional wall-mount bracket
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty
- Designed, manufactured, and serviced in the USA