This door video intercom lets you use your iPhone or Android-based smart phone to not only talk to visitors at your door, but also see them as well. It has a full-color video camera that appears directly on an app on your phone. You can also open the door with your phone (assuming you have an electric door strike).
The system uses your home WiFi network to connect between the two points. A long range directional patch antenna at gate lets the unit communicate up to 200 yards (900 feet) with up to 4 smartphones at the same time. If your WiFi signal isn't good enough you can use an extender such as this one: WiFi Extender
But when you are away from home you can still receive calls. You can use your phone's cell phone data plan to receive calls, or you if you are connected to WiFi, then no data charges will apply.
Simple setup by mobile phone. Connect to the system video directly through your phone's wifi, enter the pass code for the home hub WiFi and your devices are connected.
You can also view the gate/door any time with monitoring mode!NOTE: We will not give a full refund for a product which is not returned in brand new condition so thoroughly test this system before final installation. You can use your current smartphone to check signal level at the gate using a WiFi signal strength app or just by looking at the number of bars in your WiFi indicator. For best performance a signal strength of 50% or more is recommended. Requires 1 Megabyte UPLOAD speed.
If you need to extend your WiFi signal so it reaches the gate, the Ubiquity extender below can extend a WiFi signal up to 1/5 of mile:
- Sends a snapshot image of the visitor to the app on your phone. You can take a snapshot image of the visitor anytime during the call
- An optional 10.1" touch screen monitor is available to work with this system
- Can call up to 4 devices at a time
- Full duplex speech
- Compatible with Android and Apple devices
- Connects to WiFi
- Power: 24vDC (adaptor included)
- Monitor mode from the app on the phone or tablet. See, listen, and speak through the app without the visitor having to push the call button
- Current Consumption: 50mA standby, 300mA calling
- Relay Outputs: 2
- Relay type: Normally Open & Normally Closed
- Relay time: Adjustable 1-10 seconds
- Relay load: 2A 24v AC max
- IP rating: IP55
- Camera: IR cut filter for true color by day
- Night vision: Yes, by infrared illumination
- Hold open button on app
- Camera viewing angle: 110 degrees
- Audio: Half duplex loud speaker (Press mic icon to speak)
- Keypad: Yes
- Keypad relays: 3
- Keypad codes: 1200
- Built-in RJ45 Ethernet jack for CAT5 or CAT6 cabled installs (maximum distance is 300 feet for CAT5 or CAT6). If using this jack, please use the surge protector listed in Related Items below.
- Minimum recommended internet provider upload speed is 1 meg, however this may need to be much more for heavy use networks.
- Dimensions: 12.4" tall x 6" wide x 2" deep
- Two year limited warranty