The VK1038 VoIP Entry Phone with Keypad is the ultimate solution for secure and convenient access control for apartments, residences, and businesses. This vandal-resistant speaker phone system features a durable 14-gauge louvered 316 stainless steel faceplate with permanent laser-etched graphics, a heavy-duty metal keypad, and T-10 Torx security mounting screws.
The VK1038 provides quick and reliable hands-free VoIP communication for SIP VoIP phone systems with PoE. With its automatic noise-canceling feature, proper operation in noisy environments is ensured, and VoIP audio detection eliminates the need for "Push to Talk" mode. The VK1038 is also SIP compliant and can be programmed to speed dial up to 250 numbers and cycles to roll over the phone number on busy or ring-no-answer.
With the VK1038, up to 1,000 keyless entry codes and another 1,000 rollover numbers can be programmed, providing tenants with keyless entry. Keyless door entry codes and card numbers can be programmed to only allow access at specific times and days of the week, ensuring enhanced security. The VK1038 also comes equipped with a 26 bit Wiegand input for adding a Viking proximity card reader, which can hold up to 1,000 card numbers.
The VK1038 door entry system also features Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP), making it ideal for outdoor installations where the unit is exposed to precipitation or condensation. EWP products are designed to meet IP66 standards and feature foam rubber gaskets, sealed connections, gel-filled butt connectors, and potted circuit boards with internally sealed, field-adjustable trim pots and DIP switches for easy on-site programming.
With two sets of SPDT 2 Amp relay contacts for door/gate or camera control, the VK1038 can activate a built-in contact closure to control an electric gate or doorstrike when a call initiated by the VK1038 is answered by an apartment or business tenant. Additionally, a request for exit (REX) input is included for easy exiting, making the VK1038 an all-in-one access control solution.
The VK1038 also features automatic call logging, allowing you to review the time and date of the call, which door was open/closed, what keyless entry code or proximity card was used, request for exit usage, and whether it was an inbound or outbound call. With an extended temperature range of -40°F to 140°F and volume adjustments for microphone and speaker, the VK1038 is designed to be a reliable and convenient access control solution for any environment. The VK1038 can be flush-mounted using the included rough-in box or surface-mounted using a VK1039 Surface Mount Box.
- 14 gauge louvered 316 stainless steel faceplate with permanent laser etched graphics
- Stainless steel “Call” button
- Heavy duty metal keypad
- T-10 Torx security mounting screws
- Weather Resistant Features:
- Enhanced Weather Protection designed to meet IP66 Ingress Protection Rating (see DOD 859)
- Marine grade 316 stainless steel faceplate, screws and push button switch
- Switch internally sealed per IP67
- Mylar speaker
- Self-draining mic mount
- Faceplate, mic and speaker gaskets
- Two sets of SPDT 2 Amp relay contacts for door / gate or camera control
- Secure Remote Relay Control using Viking RC-4A
- Blue “Call / Status” LED indicator
- SIP compliant (see Product Manual for list of compatible IP-PBX phone systems)
- PoE powered (class 2, <6.5 Watts)
- Automatic Noise Canceling (ANC) feature for proper operation in noisy environments
- VoIP audio detection eliminates the need for “Push to Talk” mode
- 26 Bit Wiegand input for adding a Viking proximity card reader
- 26 Bit Wiegand output can connect to card reader input of an Access Control System
- Programmable to speed dial up to 250 numbers
- Cycles to roll over phone number on busy or ring-no-answer
- Program up to 1,000 keyless entry codes
- Program up to 1,000 proximity card numbers
- Keyless entry codes and proximity card numbers can be programmed to only allow access at specific times and day of week
- Call logging with time and date stamp
- Hangs up on busy signal, time-out or touch tone command
- Extended temperature range (-40°F to 140°F)
- Volume adjustments for microphone and speaker
- Selectable auto-answer feature for monitoring
- Remotely programmable
- Network downloadable firmware
- Self diagnostics for testing com, mic, speaker, and switch
- Zinc plated steel rough-in box with (2) 0.75? conduit knockouts included
- Flush mount using the included rough-in box or surface mount using a Viking VK1039 Surface Mount Box