This clean room intercom is a simple system designed to be used in a sterile environment. It is covered with an antibacterial membrane that inhibits the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew. It is resistant to chemicals and household cleaners and the station is designed to be water tight when used with a proper 3-gang electrical flush mount back box or a surface-mount back box. There is a separate speaker and microphone for crystal clear intelligibility.
The AL1020 is a one-to-one intercom that can communicate with one other device. That device can be either another wall-mounted AL1020 or a desktop AL1021.
The intercom operates with 'simplex' operation enabling the operator to push the TALK button when they need to talk and release to listen. The intercom will then be in a monitor mode so the other party does not have to press a button to reply back. When the conversation is over, either party can cancel the call by pressing the CANCEL button. The LED turns red when in the LISTEN mode and green in the TALK mode, so from a distance, one can see if the station is ON.
A single 24VDC power supply connects to one of the stations (ordered separately below).
Note: This is only one unit. You must order either another wall mount unit or a desktop unit from the Related Items section below. This system only supports two intercoms.
- Antibacterial membrane keyboard
- Flush or Surface mounting (using appropriate housing)
- Convenient Simplex voice operation
- Multi-color LED for Talk/Listen Modes
- One to One operation
- Operates on 24VDC low-voltage
- Requires only 4 wires between the two stations
- Recommended wire 18 Gauge
- Width: 6.375" (162mm)
- Height: 4.475" (114mm)
- Depth: 3.00" (77mm)
- Operating Voltage: 20-27VDC
- Power Consumption: 150mA max.
- Flush Backbox: Standard (deep style) 3-gang electrical box
- 12 Month Manufacturer's Warranty
- Made in USA