While this touchless switch is usually used for activating automatic doors, we have found it also works well for activating the call button on an intercom without having to touch the intercom's call button.
When a visitor arrives at the door they simply wave their hand in front of the sensor and the light on the unit will change from blue to green. It will close a switch that then sounds a tone on the intercom so the visitor gets both visual and audible confirmation of success.
The switch can be powered from the intercom power supply if it uses 12 volts DC. Otherwise a separate 12vDC supply should be used. One the power wires are connected, then the RTE_COM and RTE_NO terminals are connected to the intercom. Where these connects depends on the intercom.
NOTE: This product is NOT for outdoor use.
- Aesthetically pleasing design.
- Hands-free – helps reduce the spread of germs and bacteria.
- Adjustable detection zone to reduce unwanted activations.
- When the device is activated, the indicator light (waving hand) will change color.
- Secondary Normally Open (NO) mechanical switch in the event of a power loss.
- Selectable unlock times (1-63 seconds).
- Mounts on single-gang electrical box.
- Energy: 12-24VDC 50/25mA
- Range: 1" to 2" (30mm - 50mm)
- Switch Mode: Momentary
- Switch Configuration: SPDT
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty