This wired intercom works well in environments like banks, postal services, ticket offices, secure convenience store windows, or any application that requires isolating visitors from the staff. It doesn't require the visitor to press any buttons so they do not need to touch the substation in any way.
The only thing needed on the master station is to toggle the power switch to on for full two-way handsfree communication. You can leave the toggle switch in the on position to monitor the outside station. If you do not want to be heard during this monitoring then you can turn the talk volume control all the way down. Turning either control all the way down gives you a one-way intercom.
The flexible microphone on the master station enables crisp, life-like audio on the substation so visitors can clearly hear you.
Rotating knobs on the master station control the volume of each side of the conversation. On the back there are microphone sensitivity adjustments for the inside and outside microphones for further tuning the performance of the system to your environment.
Installation is as easy as connecting the cable from the substation to the output jack on the master station. If a hole must be drilled for the cable, it will require a 9/16" drill bit to accomodate the plug connector on the substation.
- Microcomputer controlled circuitry handles squelch control and echo cancellation
- 3.5mm mono recorder output jack can be used to record both sides of the conversation, or link with other devices that need the audio
- Housing marterial: Brushed aluminum with anodic oxidation treatment
- 65 inches of cable between inside and outside stations
- Microphone sensitivity: -42db +- 1db, 20Hz-18KHz
- Input voltage: 110Volt AC, Output DC +12V (power supply included)
- Working current: 25mA, peak 70-100mA