However, for those of you who have special requirements, we want to give you a rundown of what you can do with a Callbox. Here are some of the capabilities you can get:
- If you already have existing two-way business radios the Callbox can programmed to be compatible with almost any brand of VHF or UHF business band radio (you need to order either the UHF or VHF model depending on the frequency range you use.) This is a simple change in its internal programming and we do that for you as defined by your requirements. Many of the frequencies used will require an FCC license. The MURS frequency is license-free.
- If the distance you need to cover is greater than the range of the wireless call box, you can extend range by adding an external antenna. In the FCC-license frequency range, you can also get radio repeaters to extend this range even more.
- There is an optional solar power unit you can add to your Callbox so that it can run for several days on a single day of sunshine.
- An optional external strobe light option can be added to the Callbox and you can turn this on from a remote location.
- There is a version of the Callbox that has the ability to store a voice message that is played when someone presses its button. This could be a message that gives the caller specific instructions on what to do. This unit can also send a different voice message alert to the monitoring central location or portable radios. This message could give the callboxes location or it could be an emergency message of some type.
- If you have several callboxes in use and you need to know the location of the unit calling in, then the Callbox can transmit a unique numeric identifier to a radio that has the ability to decode this identifier. This is like having a telephone with Caller ID capability. Some of our Commercial Intercom and Two-Way Radios have the decode ability and they can be programmed to the same frequencies as the CallBox.
- A couple of versions of the Callbox let you add a motion detector or some other detection device so you can be alerted when that detection device is activated. Depending on the model chosen, they send a tone alert or a custom voice alert when the detection sensor status changes. If this alert is not immediately answered, the alert message is resent up to 5 times. You can also use an external sensor to automatically put the unit into full power mode when someone is detected near the box. This will allow you to make a call to it.
- If you want to listen to what?s happening around the call box, some models let you use the callbox microphone to monitor the sound around it.
- All models have a low battery alert or external power fail tone that is sent to the monitoring portable radio or base intercom.
- A paging feature allows selective calling of individual boxes or a group of callboxes simultaneously.
- The busy channel feature prevents someone from transmitting if someone else is using the radio channel.
- One model has an entry keypad with built-in relay lets people enter a code at the call box to open a gate or door. Remote opening of the gate by monitoring personnel can still happen also.
So if you have a need for any of the capabilities on this page, call us and we will work a solution and pricing for you.