One of our most versatile, longest-lasting, and most used in our product line is our wireless callbox.
If you’re not familiar with a callbox or maybe you’ve seen a callbox that is essentially a portable radio "inside a box,” let me describe some of the attributes that have made the our callboxes so successful since we started 15 years ago.
- A custom 2-way radio board is built inside the callbox and provides two-way communication to a handheld or desk-mount 2-way radio
- Callboxes have special functionality built-in like voice messages or the ability to unlock a door or gate
Our callbox is a highly reliable, feature-rich, purpose-built radio, and it is used in a wide variety of applications in almost every industry all around the world. Theses callboxes expand onsite communication. From loading docks to water-way locks, from golf course tee boxes to self-storage drop boxes, from grocery store pick-up to pickups on a weigh station, from the Amazon rainforest (yes that's true) to Amazon warehouses, from camps… you get the idea.
Here are 23 callbox application ideas to get you started. Once you understand how a callbox is designed to expand onsite communication, you’ll begin to “see” its applications everywhere.
- Front Door – allows the door to remain locked until the gatekeeper gives permission to enter.
- Back Door – delivery personnel can notify onsite employees without having to bang on the door or walk around to the main entrance.
- Multi-story Construction – Callboxes placed on each floor during construction to communicate with the lift, hoist, or elevator operator to bring materials or people. (Many states have mandatory regulations for this)
- Gates and Access Control – Industrial XT Callbox or Residential Q series Callbox allows driver to communicate with Guard or personnel. Can be programmed to trigger opening of the gate. DTMF pad option.
- Parking Lots and Garages – contact public safety or medical staff in case of danger or medical emergency.
- Hospital Specialty Offices – For entry into a office or for patients to notify onsite personnel of an urgent need.
- Walking Paths – stationed periodically to provide access to public safety or emergency personnel.
- High School Concession Stand – allows concession workers, coaches, parents quick access to school administration, athletic medical team, or maintenance personnel.
- Camping Sites / Cabins – provides communication access to park or club house personnel.
- Factory Assembly Line – line supervisors or employees can call for more parts without leaving the line.
- Grocery Store Pick-Up – customers can communicate with store personnel that they have arrived.
- Fueling Stations – allows driver to communicate with truck stop personnel from the pump or LP filling Area.
- Hotel – placed in pool area, fitness center, or conference rooms providing a way to contact hotel personnel.
- Factory/Warehouse – Placed at the door to the Inventory Cage to alert employees, loading docks or doors.
- Will Call Desk – allows customer to alert employees that assistance is needed.
- College Campuses or Hiking Trails in Parks – provides communication with security personnel in case of danger or injury.
- Golf Course Food/Drink ordering – placed on the 7th or 16th Tee to order food from the Club House so players can make the “turn” quicker or have the 19th hole ready for them when they finish. Also at the “bag drop” area.
- Truck Scales/Weigh Stations – allows weigh station personnel the ability to communicate with drivers.
- On the Farm – provides a way for visitors or delivery drivers to locate and communicate with farm personnel.
- Valet Parking – when a patron is ready to leave, the concierge can notify the Valet drivers to bring the car.
- Self-Storage Facilities – don’t miss a prospect while out on location. Place at office entrance to contact employees.
- First-Aid Stations – provides immediate communication with supervisors or first responders of an accident or injury.
- Maintenance Facilities – drivers, mechanics can communicate to record or diagnose mechanical issues and deliver parts
Copyright IntercomsOnline.com. All Rights Reserved.