Most states have regulations that require communication at gas pumps and if you can't run wires, then this is a great solution. This kit is for one gas pump, or in some cases the one outdoor station can be shared between two pumps. You can add additional outdoor intercom callboxes by selecting more units in the Related Products and Accessories section below.
The outdoor intercoms can be powered by an external power source or by alkaline batteries, which means installation can consist of simply installing batteries and mounting it where you need it.
The outdoor callboxes communicate on FCC-license-free MURS frequencies so there's no need for an FCC license. The callboxes can use any of our MURS radios so you can get handhelds as well.
The gas pump intercoms are push to talk and release to listen. The instructions for using the callbox are printed on the front of the unit.
If you have fewer than 5 gas pumps, then you could put each callbox on a separate channel so you know which pump is calling in. The indoor intercom has 5 channels and the ability to scan all five channels
- Wireless, 2-Way, Push-To-Talk Narrowband Analog Technology No Costly Trenching or Construction Costs To Install
- Stand-Alone Operation. No Wires. Or Optional External Powered for Always-On Operation
- High-Audio Output, High-Gain Mic Capability Adjustable Volume - Loud, Easy To Hear In Loud Environments
- High Performance, Business Band Frequencies Long Range-1 Mile, Line-Of-Sight
- Rugged, High-Impact Gasket Sealed Enclosure Durable, Sealed and Weatherproof For Outdoor Use
- Internal Antenna, Tough, Machined Aluminum PTT Button Long-Life, Tamper and Vandal-Resistant
- MURS -License Free- Frequencies. MURS frequencies that do not require FCC licensing
- Standard Flange Mount Hole Pattern Easy Installation. Optional Mounting Brackets Available
- Volume Level. Field programmable or PC programmable to 5 - 100% volume level
- Battery Powered. Can be powered by 3 Alkaline D-cell batteries for 500mW transmit power. D-cell batteries can operate the radio for up to one year or 7,000 transmissions
- External Power +12 VDC Capable. Can be powered by an external +12 VDC source. This method of powering the callbox allows the radio to remain ON at all times, like an intercom. Automatic Turn Off must be DISABLED
- Low Battery Alert. The callbox will transmit an Alert Tone at the end of each transmission when the batteries approach end-of-life. This allows sufficient time for you to replace the batteries and assure uninterrupted service. Can also transmit a recorded Low Battery voice message
- +12 VDC Power Fail Alert. This feature can be enabled via Field or PC programming. The callbox will transmit an Alert Tone if it detects loss of +12 VDC power. The radio automatically continues to transmit an Alert Tone once every hour (unless programmed for Automatic Turn Off) until +12 VDC is restored or the batteries are depleted. Can also transmit a recorded Power Fail voice message
- High/Low Power Output. When powered by External +12VDC the callboxes can be Field programmed for High or Low transmitter power output. When battery power the callbox operates in Low power mode exclusively
- -Automatic Turn-Off- or -Intercom- Operation. The Callbox can operate in the standard -Automatic Turn-Off- mode (Factory Default), where the radio is normally OFF until the Call Button is pressed, or can be Field or PC programmed for -Intercom- operation where the radio is always ON. See -External Power +12 VDC Capable- feature above.
- Power Consumption: Off: 0mA; Sleep: 3mA; Standby: 93mA; Receive; 300mA; Transmit (low): 500mA: Transmit (high) 760mA
- Dimensions: 7" tall x 5.5" wide x 3 inches deep