We put this kit together for gas station owners so they could satisfy legal requirements for communication at the gas pumps, however it could also have lots of other uses.
The main benefit of this system over our MURS gas pump intercom system is that the communication at the pumps is done hands free, meaning the user does not have to press a button to talk once they press the call button and someone inside answers. The person inside does have to press the button on the handset to talk.
This system also allows you to call individual pumps. The MURS gas station intercom can be configured to call individual pumps if you have fewer than 5 pumps
With this system you can make a call to individual pumps or they can call you. Up to 1000 of the intercom stations shown in the Related Products and Accessories section below can be added to this system.
The inside base station has a built-in 6-watt UHF transmitter for excellent coverage.
The gas pump intercoms are not fully waterproof so they must under the roof that is common at gas stations.
This kit includes a magnetic mount antenna that should be attached to a large metal object (like an air duct, metal shelf or cabinet) to provide it with a proper grounding. It may be mounted vertically upward or downward (not horizontally).
This system requires a 10 year FCC license but that is included in the price.
- 1 Desktop/Wall Mount Controller
- 1 Handset Microphone
- 1 Internal 6 Watt UHF transmitter
- 1 Magnetic mount antenna with 12' of cable, male BNC connector
- 1 10-Year FCC license
- Controller Dimensions 7.5" x 4.5" x 3.0" (W x H x D), (Adaptor: 2.5" x 8" x 1.5"), Adaptor Cable: 6 ft., Power Cable: 6 ft.
- Controller Weight: 1.9 lbs. (3.3 lbs. with Internal Battery)
- Intercom Dimensions 5.5" x 4" x 1.6"
- Intercom Weight: 0.8 lbs
- Programming: USB Port
- Power: 12V DC / up to 5A Active, 50mA in Standby Mode
- Transmit Format: POCSAG 512/1200 BPS
- Controller Color: Light Gray
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 16 KHz (10 Hz - 3400 Hz in Live Voice Mode)
- Intercom Color/Material: ABS Plastic, Black Faceplate with White Trim Ring
- Frequency: UHF (400 - 470 MHz)
- Operating Temperature: 0º - 120ºF
- Activation Codes: 8
- Humidity: 0% - 95%, Non-Condensing
- Data Cable 25', CAT-5
- Connectors: Terminal Block Plugs
- Audio: 4W Speaker
- Limited Warranty One Year Parts and Labor