When you need to achieve maximum range out of your MURS radio, this MURS IO1004 Vertical Outdoor Model Antenna mounted on top of a building or pole will help you do it.
Each antenna is tuned to the VHF MURS Band from 151 to 154 MHz. There's no assembly necessary, or extra mounting parts needed.
Cable is not included and we do not build custom cables. You can order a custom-built cable that includes a N male connector on one end and a BNC male connector for the Callbox XT or MURS Commercial Base Station on the other. RG-8 or RG58A/U (not RG58/U) coax. Here is a web site that can build a custom cable for you: custom cables
- A metal ground plane is not needed with this design.
- The actual antenna elements and feed point are sealed inside a UV resistant plastic tube. No need to worry about corrosion on the elements with this design. This antenna is strong enough to withstand an ice storm, and will also do well in a shoreline environment.
- Elements are copper clad, which is a better element material than stainless steel.
- Narrow Bandwidth: The bandwidth for the antenna is fairly narrow, which can help to eliminate intermodal problems from adjacent strong signals in urban areas.
- High Quality N Connector: Instead of the usual UHF connector that's included with most antennas, this antenna includes a 50 ohm female N connector, on the end of a small cable pigtail. N connectors are more water resistant and handle high frequencies better.
- Includes Mounting Hardware: Price includes mounting clamps to allow attaching the antenna to any standard 1 1/4" mounting mast.
- Gain: 3 dBi
- SWR: 1.5:1 or Less
- Pattern: Omni-directional
- Wavelength: 1/2
- Elements: 1
- Tuned: 151-154 MHz
- Band: VHF MURS
- Connector: N Female
- Cable: RG8X
- Cable Length: 12"
- Height: 57"
- Width: 1 1/4"
- Weight: 1 lb 11 oz
- Wind Area: 0.50 Sq Feet