The Only Truck Scale Intercom That Meets All Three Key Requirements of Noise Cancelling, Ample Volume, and Hands Free.
We have tested lots of systems over the years and we have piles of returns of low-cost wired intercoms that just don't solve the two problems faced by truck scales: scale house operators can't understand the driver due to truck noise, and drivers can't hear them due to lack of volume.
The systems we no longer sell addressed one of these, but not both. If you've ever been to a fast-food drive through with a poor intercom you know how frustrating not being able to understand what's being said can be. There are lots of cheap Chinese-made systems you can try too, but if your scale is revenue generating then you may want to do it right the first time by going with this intercom instead of having to return the others after wasting your valuable time installing them.
This intercom utilizes the latest technology to create unparalleled audio and high-definition video with 1080p resolution. It has clear, high-definition audio on both sides and it uses full-duplex communication so no button pushes are required from the driver. If the 10 Watt Class D amplifier in the outdoor intercom callbox along with its unique grill design doesn't provide the loudness needed to keep the drivers happy, then the included horn speaker certainly will. The amplified horn speaker is used in extremely noisy applications. You will require power at the scale to use the amplified horn since it is a powered speaker. Otherwise the callbox gets its power from a Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) switch (not included).
It also has and extremely effective Active Noise Cancellation that removes the background noise of the truck so real communication can take place. Other features like Automatic Volume Control accommodate for different noise levels of trucks, and Automatic Gain Control which increases microphone sensitivity when the talker is farther away from the microphone. Since trucks can't get too close to the intercom this is important.
href="https://youtu.be/zwA35Y8qk6A" title="Scale Demo">
There are three ways the scale house operator can talk to drivers. The included phone has a handset that can be picked up, a headphone jack that will enable wireless headsets, or it has a full-duplex hands-free speakerphone
with advanced acoustic echo cancellation and excellent double-talk performance. So if you need to keep the noise level down in the scale house so others don't have to listen to the conversations, the handset and headset options provide for that. Or if you have multiple scale operators and phones, then either the handset or headset is recommended since there will be too much noise to use speakerphones. The scale-house phone also has Electronic Hook Switch Cable (EHS) support that provides remote desk phone call control (answer/end) with a Plantronics wireless headset system.
You can mount the phone either on the wall or on a desk for whichever way works best for you.
There are multiple ways you can activate the system. If you see trucks pull up you can simply press a button on the phone to call the scale. The scale will auto-answer so the driver does nothing. You can also attach an optical sensor to the scale callbox and it will automatically call the scale phone. You simply pick up the call. And the third way is the driver can press the button if they can reach the callbox, but this is a less likely scenario since the mirrors on the truck may be longer than the driver's arms.
Installation is done by using CAT 5 or 6 cable between the units. It uses Voice over IP technology so you can use standard Ethernet switches and other IP devices to create a self contained IP network. The outdoor callbox has a built in IP server so no computer is required except for installation using a web browser. You will need to provide your own Ethernet POE switch such as this one: Ethernet POE Switch
If you have multiple lanes you can add additional outdoor stations and you can add more inside units to have additional people help manage the lanes.
So rather than wasting time ordering, installing, troubleshooting, and attempting to return a system that will only solve half of your or your client's communication needs, you can get the right system the first time. Then you'll avoid complaining truck drivers and scale house operators and the loss of hundreds of dollars in lost labor time.
We recommend mounting the amplified horn speaker three feet above the stainless steel outdoor intercom. The outdoor intercom should be mounted close to the driver's window height. We recommend 84" for 18-wheelers. There is a custom pole available in the Related Items section below, or you could simply use a 10 foot 4x4 square tube and mount the intercom and horn to it.
This kit includes:
- One truck scale intercom
- One metal housing and seals for the intercom
- One 20-watt 6" weatherproof amplified speaker
- One 12 volt DC, 2 Amp power supply
Call us now at 888-298-9489 and let us help you make sure you are getting all the right components for your truck scale intercom.
- SPL peak power at 1m in open duplex: 90 dB
- SPL peak power at 1m in half duplex: 100 dB
- SPL peak power at 1m in program distribution and announcement: 100 dB
- Noise cancelling: Yes
- Codecs: G.711, G.722, G.729
- Frequency range, G.722 Codec: 200 Hz – 7000 Hz
- Audio technology Modes: Full open duplex, switched open duplex
- Adaptive jitter buffer
- Custom Ringing Tone
- Audio Mixing – Conversation and Group Call
- Automatic gain control (microphone)
- Sound Level Detection
- Internal speaker amplifier: 10 W class D
- Internal speaker: 10 W
- Microphone technology Digital MEMS, omnidirectional microphone
- Automatic Volume Control (AVC): Yes
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC): Yes
- Image Sensor: 1/2.5" RGB CMOS
- Lens F 2.0, fixed iris
- Light Sensitivity Down to 1 lux
- Resolution 240 / 480p / 960x720p / 1440x1080p*
- Frame Rate Up to 30 FPS in 1440x1080p**
- Supported Codecs MJPEG, H.264 **
- Digital PTZ: Yes
- Digital Zoom Up to 2x
- Field of View horizontal=145 degrees, vertical=109 degrees ****
- Snapshot Function: No
- IR LED: No
- Parallel videostreams: 6 (1x SIP H.264, 2x HTTP MJPEG, 3x RTSP sessions)
- * MJPEG does not support 720p and 1080p resolution.
- ** 30 FPS is only supported in H.264 mode, while MJPEG is limited to 10 FPS.
- *** Supports SIP H.264.
- **** FoV depends on video mode (may be subject to change)
- Ethernet connector: 1 x RJ-45
- All other connectors: Tool less, spring loaded, vibration proof terminals
- General inputs and outputs: 6 (configurable)
- Outputs: 12mA as LED drivers
- Change-over relay: (NO+NC+COM) SELV
- Power options: PoE, PoE+
- PoE (Power over Ethernet): IEEE 802.3af standard, IEEE 802.3at
- Power consumption: Idle 3.5W, max 12W (depending on volume)
- Audio Line out / Induction loop signal 0 dBV
- Button backlight: LED
- Call indication Icons/colors for hearing impaired
- CPU cores: 4 x Cortex-A53
- CPU Clock Speed: 1.6 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB LPDDR4
- Flash: 1 GB
- Video encoder: MJPEG, H.264
- Dual Image: Yes
NETWORKING & PROTOCOLS
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 180 x 120 x 73 mm / 7.1” x 4.7” x 2.9”
- Dimensions after flush mount: 180 x 120 x 24 mm / 7.1” x 4.7” x 0.9”
- Dimensions with on wall box: 180 x 120 x 86 mm / 7.1” x 4.7” x 3.4”
- Weight: 1 kg / 2.2 lbs.
- Faceplate material: 3 mm / 0.12” stainless steel - AISI 316L
- Base / frame material: 3 mm / 0.12” Aluminum alloy - A413.0, AlSi12Fe, painted
- Electronics cover material: Polycarbonate (semi translucent)
- Gasket material: TPV
- Fastening bracket material: SECC Steel
- Button material: 3 mm / 0.12” Polycarbonate (transparent)
- Button travel length: 1.25 mm
- Button activation force: 350 gf
- Button push-cycles before failure: 300,000
- Loudspeaker poke protection, large diameter object 3D cast aluminum speaker grille construction
- IPv4 (with DiffServ), SIP, TCP, UDP, HTTPS, TFTP, RTP, RTSP, RTCP, SRTP, DHCP, SNMP, NTP, ONVIF, WS-Discovery
- LAN protocols: Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3 a-f), Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3at), Network Access Control (IEEE 802.1x)
- HTTP/HTTPS (Web configuration) DHCP and static IP. Remote automatic software upgrade. Centralized monitoring.
- Advanced supervision functions E.g. network test, tone test, status reports
- SIP support: RFC 3261 (SIP base standard) RFC 3515 (SIP refer) RFC 2976 (SIP info), SIP using TLS, RFC 5630 SIPS URI scheme
- DTMF support: RFC 2833, 2976 (SIP info)
- IP rating: IP-66, tested according to EN 60529 (applies when mounted in TA-1 back-box)
- Operating temperature range: -30° to 70° C / -22° to 158 ° F
- Storage temperature range: -40° to 70° C / -40° to 158 ° F
- Relative humidity: < 95% not condensing
- UV-resistant: Yes
- EMC CE and FCC Part 15
- IP address information: Speaks IP address after system boot
- Maximum conversation time before call disconnect: 9999 seconds (2.78 hours)
- Button lifetime > 1,000,000 cycles
- Country of manufacture: Poland